Court grants interim bail to Sanjeev NandaDecember 19th, 2008 - 12:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 19 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Friday granted interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda, who is undergoing a five-year prison term for mowing down six people with his BMW in south Delhi in 1999.Justice Kailash Gambhir granted interim bail of three weeks after Sanjeev Nanda pleaded on the ground that his grandfather, former Indian Navy chief S.M. Nanda, was not well and wanted to see him.
On Tuesday, Gambhir had expressed reservations, saying that the appeal filed by Sanjeev Nanda against his conviction had already reached the final stages.
Senior advocate Ram Jethmalani, appearing for Sanjeev Nanda, had pleaded for bail saying: “He (S.M. Nanda) is a man of excellent credentials, who has served the nation throughout his life. He was the man who took a boat and went alone to Karachi in 1971 (during the India-Pakistan war) to bomb the city. He is now above 90 years of age and is losing his memory. Whenever he gets back his memory, he remembers his only grandson.”
Sanjeev Nanda, son of arms dealer Suresh Nanda, was sentenced to a five-year jail term on Sep 5 for killing six people by bis rash driving in the early hours of Jan 10, 1999 in Lodhi Road here.
- Court issues notice to police on Sanjeev Nanda's bail plea - Dec 16, 2008
- Delhi High Court rejects Sanjeev Nanda's bail extension plea - Jan 09, 2009
- BMW case: Apex court chides police for delay - Jan 11, 2012
- Sanjeev Nanda gets interim bail - May 12, 2009
- Court grants interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda - Mar 06, 2009
- Delhi High Court grants interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda - Mar 06, 2009
- High Court refuses to extend Sanjeev Nanda''s interim bail - Jan 09, 2009
- High Court grants interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda - Dec 19, 2008
- Apex court advises Nanda on courtship, wedlock - Apr 12, 2010
- BMW case: Apex court chides police for delay (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- From one BMW hit-and-run accused to another: Congrats! - Jul 21, 2009
- Sanjeev Nanda's sentence reduced in BMW hit-and-run case (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Court likely to decide Sanjeev Nanda's fate Monday - Jul 19, 2009
- Delhi HC upholds conviction of Nanda in BMW hit and run case - Jul 20, 2009
- Supreme Court to hear police appeal in BMW hit-and-run case - Apr 12, 2010