Court gives death for rape, murder of nine-year-oldAugust 4th, 2008 - 7:23 pm ICT by IANS
Madurai (Tamil Nadu), Aug 4 (IANS) A court in Madurai Monday sentenced a 26-year-old man to death for raping and murdering a nine-year-old girl who sold flowers near a temple here. S. Selvam deserved “no mercy”, Judge R. Siddharthan ruled on the 2006 case.
“The accused deserves no mercy since he took the life of a child that trusted him in her innocence,” he observed.
The victim’s body was found after a two-day search in this temple town, about 400 km from the state capital Chennai, prosecution lawyers said.
- Man gets life for rape, murder of nine-year-old (Lead) - Aug 05, 2008
- Two arrested for planting bomb on Advani's yatra route - Nov 01, 2011
- Death sentence for accused in Kerala rape, murder case - Nov 11, 2011
- Mudslinging over Madurai 'mutt' appointment - May 14, 2012
- Former DMK minister Ramachandran arrested - Apr 11, 2012
- All 269 guilty in Vachathi mass rape, assault case - Sep 29, 2011
- Ex-army officer gets life term for killing Chennai boy (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Spare my son, don't hang him, pleads father - Aug 29, 2011
- Retired army officer gets life for killing Chennai boy - Apr 20, 2012
- Tamil Nadu offers tour of 108 temples - Jul 02, 2011
- Union Minister Alagiri chargesheeted in assault case - Aug 26, 2011
- Celebrations in Tamil Nadu as Rajiv killers' hanging stayed - Aug 30, 2011
- Commute death sentence in Gandhi case: PUDR - Aug 26, 2011
- Tamil New Year celebrated with traditional fervour - Apr 13, 2012
- Anni Dewani case: Opposing psychiatrists are partners - Sep 02, 2012