Court gives CBI papers linked to Abhishek Verma’s caseJuly 17th, 2012 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 17 (IANS) Some documents which were purportedly sent to a special court here by an NGO over a corruption case related to Abhishek Verma, an accused in the naval war room leak, were handed over to the CBI.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge Sanjeev Jain handed over the documents to the probe agency Monday, saying that the postal envelopes were purportedly sent by Transparency (India) International at Jawahar Bhawan in south Delhi’s Lajpat Nagar and they appeared to be related to the ongoing probe against Verma and his wife.
The CBI June 9 arrested Verma and his Romanian wife Anca Neacsu for allegedly receiving money from a Swiss arms company Rheinmetall Air Defence (RAD) to stall the blacklisting proceedings initiated against it by the Indian government.
Verma is also an accused in the 2006 war room leak case that was linked to leaking classified documents from the directorate of naval operations.
- Abhishek Verma, wife in CBI custody till June 21 (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife sent to jail till July 4 (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Bail plea of Abhishek Verma's wife dismissed (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife seek bail - Aug 07, 2012
- CBI to file chargesheet against Abhishek Verma, wife Aug 7 - Aug 01, 2012
- CBI to question Abhishek Verma, wife till Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Abhishek Verma fails to appear in court - Jul 21, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife in seven days CBI custody - Jun 09, 2012
- Granted bail, Anca will still stay in jail - Aug 29, 2012
- Verma, wife sent to judicial custody in OSA case - Sep 14, 2012
- Verma, wife sent to 10 days CBI custody - Sep 04, 2012
- Naval war room case: Abhishek Verma arrested with wife - Jun 08, 2012
- Abhishek Verma's wife denied bail - Aug 30, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife granted bail, arrested afresh - Aug 08, 2012
- Abhishek Verma calls fresh case politically motivated - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: air defence, blacklisting, cbi, central bureau of investigation, corruption case, envelopes, india international, indian government, july 17, lajpat nagar, naval operations, naval war, New Delhi, ngo, proceedings, south delhi, special judge, swiss arms, transparency, war room