Court extends Kazmi’s judicial custody (Lead)July 3rd, 2012 - 11:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 3 (IANS) A Delhi court Tuesday extended till July 6 the judicial custody of journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in the Feb 13 Israeli embassy car bombing.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) P.K. Jain extended the judicial custody of Kazmi after their was confusion over which court would hear the matter.
The district and sessions judge had to intervene and mark the case to ASJ Jain to take up the matter after the case file shuttled between the a magistrate and a sessions court.
The Delhi High Court June 2 stayed the proceedings of the case in the sessions’ court of S.S. Rathi, who was earlier hearing the case.
Kazmi was arrested March 6 for his alleged involvement in the blast. Four people were injured when an Israeli embassy car was struck by a bomb near the prime minister’s house in New Delhi area.
Tal Yehoshua Koren, 42, wife of Israeli defence attache Colonel Yossi Refaelov, suffered multiple injuries when a motorcycle rider attached a magnetic explosive device to her car and sped away.
- Court reserves order on Kazmi's plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Magistrate's decision set aside (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Kazmi urges resumption of hearing in sessions court - Jul 11, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Magistrate's order set aside (Second Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Israeli embassy car bombing: Kazmi moves bail plea - Jul 13, 2012
- Magistrate can grant remand under anti-terror law: Court - Jul 06, 2012
- Israeli embassy car bombing: Kazmi opposes court order - Jun 06, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast probe: Police seek more time (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Magistrate can grant remand under anti-terror law: Court (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Kazmi's plea to come up Oct 12 - Jul 30, 2012
- Israeli embassy car attack: Court issues notice to police - Jul 25, 2012
- Give copies of remand application to Kazmi: Court - May 25, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: 'Missing' documents traced - May 24, 2012
- Police get more time to probe Israeli embassy car blast - Jul 20, 2012
- Court takes note of charges against Kazmi - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: ahmad, asj, colonel, defence attache, delhi area, delhi court, delhi high court, explosive device, israeli embassy, journalist, judicial custody, kazmi, magistrate, mohammed, motorcycle rider, New Delhi, p k jain, rathi, sessions court, yossi