Court extends custody of ex-Rajasthan ministerJanuary 20th, 2012 - 10:31 pm ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, Jan 20 (IANS) A court Friday extended till Feb 3 the judicial custody of sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna, arrested for his alleged role in the disappearance of nurse Bhanwari Devi.
The court proceedings over his custody happened through video conferencing from the Jodhpur Central Jail. After the hearing, the additional chief judicial magistrate extended his judicial custody.
The judicial custody of Parasram Bishnoi, the other accused and a Congress legislator’s brother, was also extended till Feb 3.
Parasram is the brother of Luni legislator Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, who has also been arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for his alleged involvement in the case.
Maderna and Parasram Bishnoi had filed an application in the court requesting hearing through video conferencing citing security reasons. The court had accepted their request.
Bhanwari Devi, shown in a compromising position with Maderna in a CD, went missing from Jodhpur Sep 1.
On Oct 16, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot sacked Maderna over allegations that he had a role in her disappearance as she was blackmailing him on the basis of the CD.
CBI arrested Maderna Dec 3 on charges of disappearance of nurse. It was alleged that he had hired Sahi Ram Bishnoi, a small-time politician from Jodhpur, for the job. Sahi Ram allegedly assigned the task to Shahabuddin, Sohan Lal Bishnoi and Baldev Jaat alias Balia to kidnap the nurse.
Sahiram Bishnoi surrendered a few days ago and was remanded in CBI custody.
Bishnoi, who carried a cash reward of Rs.500,000 on his head for his role in the kidnapping and suspected murder of the nurse, surrendered before the court of the additional chief judicial magistrate.
In the charge sheet filed before the court earlier, Shahabuddin, Baliya and Sohanlal have been charged with abduction with an intent to kill and criminal conspiracy.
- Missing nurse case: Court extends Maderna's custody - Dec 24, 2011
- Key suspect in missing nurse case surrenders, arrested (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Maderna sent to CBI custody till Dec 9 - Dec 03, 2011
- Bhanwari case: Suspect's property to be seized - Jan 22, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent for DNA tests, Maderna's custody extended (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- CBI arrests two more in missing nurse case - Jan 25, 2012
- CBI brings Maderna to Delhi for questioning - Dec 04, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna in jail - Jan 03, 2012
- Missing nurse: Maderna's CBI custody extended - Dec 09, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Maderna being questioned by CBI - Dec 05, 2011
- Maderna mastermind in Bhanwari Devi muder: CBI charge sheet - Feb 29, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: CBI collectively quizzes six accused - Jan 29, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Court extends legislator's custody - Dec 31, 2011
- One more arrested in Bhanwari case - Jan 17, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes arrested legislator's mother - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: ashok, baldev, bhanwari devi, cash reward, cbi, central bureau of investigation, central jail, chief minister, court proceedings, criminal conspiracy, jaat, jodhpur, judicial custody, judicial magistrate, lal, legislator, rajasthan, rs 500, small time, video conferencing