Court employee injured in firing near Dhoni’s houseMay 22nd, 2011 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, May 22 (IANS) A Jharkhand High Court employee was shot at and injured by the bodyguard of a contractor near Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s house in Ranchi Sunday afternoon, police said. The bodyguard was arrested.
Mantu Jha was shot at by Shambhu Pandey, bodyguard of contractor Jaggnath Sahu, after an heated argument when the contractor’s car hit him on road.
The incident took place in front of Dhoni’s house at Harmu housing colony of Ranchi. Jha was admitted to Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS) here for treatment. His
condition is said to be serious.
Jha was crossing the road when the car hit him. He was having an argument with the driver when the bodyguard came out of the car and shot bullets from his rifle, injuring Jha. Sahu and an engineer were sitting in the car at the time of the firing.
After the incident, onlookers beat up the bodyguard and damaged the car.
- Jharkhand to make him 'Doctor' Dhoni - Apr 03, 2011
- Land for cricket academy, school for Dhoni in Jharkhand (Lead) - Apr 03, 2011
- Two detained for trying to enter Dhoni's home - Dec 25, 2011
- Jharkhand Congress demands Bharat Ratna for Dhoni - Apr 03, 2011
- Three dead, nine injured in Jharkhand road accidents - Jan 30, 2011
- Dhoni's security heightened - Dec 07, 2011
- Police seek Dhoni's help in anti-Maoist campaign - Aug 30, 2010
- Dhoni accorded warm welcome in home town Ranchi - Jun 01, 2011
- Three die in Jharkhand - Oct 23, 2011
- 20 killed, many critically injured in Jharkhand road mishap - Sep 19, 2011
- Six injured as boiler bursts - Jan 22, 2011
- Three criminals lynched in Jharkhand - Jan 04, 2012
- One killed as protesters, police clash in Ranchi - Sep 03, 2012
- Government vehicle torched after accident - Feb 27, 2012
- Driver killed in police firing in Jharkhand - Jan 17, 2012