Court dismisses case against Digvijay SinghApril 26th, 2012 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 26 (IANS) A Delhi court Thursday dismissed a private complaint against Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh after the complainant failed to appear before the court twice.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja dismissed the plea of Sushil Kumar Sharma seeking to register case against Digvijay Singh for assaulting him, saying he has not appeared in the court to prove his allegations against the Congress leader.
Sharma, who had alleged that he was beaten up by Digvijay Singh and others at the venue of the press conference June 6, 2011 at a Congress office here after trying to assault Congress spokesperson Janardhan Dwivedi, failed to appear in the court April 21 as well as Thursday.
The court had April 3 asked Sharma to give more proof to back his plea for registering a case against Digvijay Singh.
Sharma had told the court that he hailed from Rajasthan’s Jhunjhunu district and had come to meet Mukul Wasnik, union minister and party affairs in-charge for Rajasthan, to lodge a complaint about the bad state of roads in his district.
- Court seeks proof on plea against Digvijay Singh - Apr 03, 2012
- Court reserves order on lodging case against Digvijay - Mar 23, 2012
- No problem between Sonia Gandhi, PM: Congress spokesman - Dec 14, 2010
- Renuka, Alvi appointed Congress spokespersons - Aug 05, 2011
- Apex court notice to Kanda, brother in assault case (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Shoe attack pre-planned, shows RSS, BJP's desperation: Congress (Third Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Suit against army chief shifted to another judge - May 07, 2012
- Sonia names new working committee, makes changes in key states (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- 'Shoe attacker is not a journalist' - Jun 06, 2011
- Digvijay Singh faces complaint for Ramdev remark - Jan 19, 2012
- Court denies Kanda shield against arrest (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Gehlot faces crisis, but may survive (Rajasthan Newsletter) - Apr 13, 2012
- Court reserves order on Tejinder Singh's plea - Jun 06, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Court notice to Gopal Kanda, brother in assault case - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: allegations, complainant, congress leader, congress office, court dismisses case, delhi court, digvijay singh, general secretary, jhunjhunu, kumar sharma, magistrate, New Delhi, party affairs, plea, spokesperson, sushil kumar, union minister, venue