Court dismisses bail petitions of supermarket employeesSeptember 8th, 2008 - 4:48 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 8 (IANS) A local court has dismissed Monday the bail petitions of two senior employees of Saravana Stores, a supermarket where a fire tragedy claimed two lives last week.The employees were arrested for culpable homicide and negligence.
Sessions judge Ramalingam upheld the prosecution’s contention pointing to the possibility of destruction of evidence by the suspects as their bosses Rajaratnam and Yogaratnam, owners of Saravana Stores, were fugitives evading arrest.
The advance bail petitions of the duo were dismissed Friday by the Madras High Court. A special police squad is on a manhunt to arrest the proprietors since Saturday, police sources said.
Three storeys of the supermarket were gutted in a fire last Monday in the early hours of the day leaving two dead.
- Employees of gutted Chennai supermarket denied bail (Lead) - Sep 08, 2008
- Chennai supermarket owners jailed after fire tragedy - Sep 10, 2008
- Squads to nab owners of Chennai's fire-ravaged shop - Sep 07, 2008
- Kolkata fire: Three AMRI directors seek anticipatory bail (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- AMRI fire: Three more get bail - Apr 03, 2012
- Another AMRI director gets bail - May 18, 2012
- Popular Chennai showrooms sealed for violating norms - Oct 31, 2011
- AMRI case: Directors' police custody extended by 3 days (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Kolkata fire: Three AMRI directors seek anticipatory bail - Feb 16, 2012
- Charge sheet filed against 16 for Kolkata hospital fire - Mar 01, 2012
- Kolkata hospital fire: Director gets bail - Apr 12, 2012
- AMRI authorities plan to reopen fire-hit hospital - Apr 21, 2012
- Saravana Bhavan founder gets life for murder - Mar 19, 2009
- Speed up bail process for veteran AMRI doctor: Gorkha party - Jan 30, 2012
- Saravana Bhavan founder gets life term in murder case - Mar 19, 2009