Court directs government to re-admit failed studentJuly 26th, 2011 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 26 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Tuesday directed the Delhi government to re-admit a girl student of a government school who had flunked her Class 12 examination.
Justice Kailash Gambhir, while hearing the petition of Kumari Radha, directed the Delhi government’s education department and Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya for Girls in east Delhi’ Dayalpur area to make sure that she is re-admitted to Class 12 before the next date of hearing Thursday.
The directions came on the petition filed by Radha’s counsel Ashok Agarwal, who said that she approached her school in May this year after she failed in the Class 12 Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) examination.
“However, the principal refused to grant re-admission, saying that failed students are not re-admitted in government schools,” said the petition.
The petition argued that Radha was entitled to re-admission as per the Delhi School Education Rules, 1973.
Agarwal added that Radha’s father is a vegetable hawker who earned just Rs.100-150 per day and despite the adverse conditions, Radha wished to continue her studies.
- Girl drags school to court on admission - Jul 25, 2011
- Explain denial of admission to girls, court asks schools - Jul 27, 2010
- Notice to Delhi over delayed admission of 1,400 students - Nov 02, 2011
- Court notice to Delhi school on student's plea - Jul 10, 2011
- Nursery admissions on course as court reserves order (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Notice to CBSE, Delhi government for name correction - Sep 03, 2011
- Court notice to Delhi government on pre-school admissions - Nov 02, 2011
- Court refuses to stay toddlers' admission in Delhi schools (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Court notice to school on poor student's plea - Jun 02, 2012
- NGO challenges government's order on nursery admissions - Dec 19, 2011
- Ex-minister Matang Sinh back in Congress - Jul 16, 2011
- Court tells exam board to re-evaluate marks promptly (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Delhi court allows nursery admissions at 3-plus - Jan 27, 2012
- Court allows nursery admissions at 3-plus (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Class 9 student moves court after denial of admission - Jul 01, 2010
Tags: ashok agarwal, board of secondary education, central board of secondary education, delhi government, delhi high court, delhi school, east delhi, education department, education rules, gambhir, girl student, government school, government schools, hawker, kanya, New Delhi, radha, s education, sarvodaya kanya vidyalaya, school education