Court defers hearing against army chiefMay 8th, 2012 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 8 (IANS) A Delhi court Tuesday deferred to May 14 the hearing of the defamation case filed by Lt. Gen. (retd) Tejinder Singh against the army chief, Gen. V.K. Singh.
“Put up for conclusion of arguments on the point of summoning (the army chief) for May 14,” ordered Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja said, adding he required time for reading documents and the statement of complainant and witnesses in the case.
The case was transferred to Thareja by a higher court after another magistrate Saturday decided not to hear the case any further.
The magistrate also asked the complainant to clarify some points including addressing of media by army officials.
Lt. Gen. Tejinder Singh replied that serving officials are not allowed to address media directly.
In his petition, the retired army officer has requested the court to summon and initiate proceedings against the army chief and others for allegedly making libellous statement against him in the media and accusing him of bribery.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, he has, in his complaint, also named army vice chief Lt. Gen. S.K. Singh, Director General, Military Intelligence, Lt. Gen. B.S. Thakur, Additional Director General, Public Information Major Gen. S.L. Narsimhan and Directorate General of Public Information staff officer Lt. Col. Hitten Sawhney.
- Suit against army chief shifted to another judge - May 07, 2012
- Files sought in army chief defamation case - May 18, 2012
- Court order May 18 on defamation case against army chief (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Defamation case: V.K. Singh, four officers get bail - Jul 20, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Court reserves order on further probe in case against army chief - May 25, 2012
- Court order on plea against army chief April 26 - Apr 21, 2012
- Court reserves order on Tejinder Singh's plea (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Court dismisses former army chief's plea - Aug 28, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Third lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Former army chief opposes plea to cancel his bail - Aug 24, 2012
- Tejinder's plea against army chief sent to another court (Second Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Cancellation of ex-army chief's bail sought - Aug 08, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Army ex-chief faces court, granted bail in defamation case (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: army chief, army officer, army officials, bribery, complainant, defamation case, delhi court, director general, directorate general, false charges, magistrate, military intelligence, New Delhi, position power, public information staff, reading documents, sawhney, staff officer, tejinder singh, vice chief