Court asks shipping firm to compensate for delayed deliveryDecember 27th, 2008 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 27 (IANS) A Delhi court has asked OLC Shipping Line Pvt Ltd to compensate for the delay in delivery of packages in Dubai due to which the complainant had to shell out extra money.The Delhi Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission chaired by Justice J.D. Kapoor last week asked the company to pay complainant Puja Bansal a sum of Rs.41,170.
Bansal had engaged the services of the company to deliver household goods from Delhi to Dubai in 18 packages and the firm billed her Rs.18,830 with the assurance that the goods will be delivered at Dubai port within 15 days of loading.
She paid an advance of Rs.10,000 to the company and the remaining amount was to be paid after the delivery.
But the goods did not reach within 15 days and the clearing agent at Dubai asked Bansal to pay Rs.20,000 towards documentation and warehouse charges, which at the time of obtaining the courier and shipping services were not agreed upon.
The court held the shipping company guilty for deficiency in service and asked it to compensate the complainant.
- Citizens' charter bill tabled in parliament - Dec 20, 2011
- American Airlines fined for flight delay (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Consumer forum fines American Airlines for delay - Jun 22, 2011
- Glowing times for online jewellery retailers - Apr 06, 2012
- Sahara enters FMCG retail biz on I-day - Aug 13, 2012
- Can't fleece plot seekers, consumer court warns land agencies - Jul 26, 2012
- Cabinet to decide on Boeing 787 compensation offer (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Compensate teacher for delayed retirement benefits: Rights panel - Jul 27, 2010
- Cabinet to decide on Boeing 787 compensation offer - Jun 06, 2012
- Delhi to deliver services in stipulated time frame - Sep 03, 2011
- How Flipkart broke India's online shopping inertia - Dec 09, 2011
- Man gets Rs.500,000 for courier firm's negligence - Jan 22, 2012
- Get compensation to families of Indian fishermen: Jayalalithaa (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Shanghai's courier firms to open parcels before delivery - Feb 21, 2012
- Court tells Azhar to pay Rs.15 lakh cost - Mar 07, 2012