Court asks police to rescue missing Delhi girlJune 17th, 2009 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday asked the city police to take all possible steps to rescue a security official’s 13-year-old daughter who was allegedly kidnapped from her residence here eight months ago.
A vacation bench of Justices Manmohan Singh and Suresh Kait also asked Delhi Police to file a compliance report in the matter July 14.
Police contented in its status report that they have not been able to trace the minor daughter of Satyanarayan, an assistant sub-inspector with the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). Satyanarayan is the security in-charge at Rithala metro station.
The police also submitted that they have even traced the phone call details of the complainant.
The probe team visited the native place of suspect Chote Lal Yadav at Kushi Nagar in Uttar Pradesh and Ludhiana in Punjab but could not trace the girl there.
An FIR at Vijay Vihar police station under section 363 (kidnapping) of the Indian Penal Code was lodged by the CISF official that her daughter was missing from Oct 3 last year.
- Man shot at in Metro station - Feb 04, 2012
- Bomb scare at Delhi Metro station - Apr 14, 2011
- Dikshit expresses shock over auto driver's murder (Third Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Auto driver beaten to death in road rage (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Bomb threat at Delhi metro station - Jul 04, 2010
- Delhi Metro to run from 2 p.m. Sunday - Mar 19, 2011
- Eight women pickpockets arrested from Delhi Metro station - May 03, 2012
- Delhi Police rapped for missing girl's travails - Sep 16, 2009
- After Holi break, Metro service resumes (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Mar 20, 2011
- Two held for Delhi Metro brawl - Feb 01, 2012
- Four school girls abducted - Mar 25, 2011
- Parking lots to be shut, Metro will run (Lead) - Aug 12, 2011
- 179 men penalised for using women's coach in Metro - Aug 04, 2011
- CISF to reward men for returning money to Metro commuter - Mar 16, 2011
- Elderly man tries suicide in Metro station, critically injured - Aug 15, 2012