Court asks Delhi land scam accused to surrenderMarch 13th, 2008 - 9:54 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) A city court Thursday directed Ashok Jain, an accused in a multi-million-rupee land scam in northwest Delhi, to surrender before it Friday. Special Judge Vinod Goel rejected Jain’s application after he cited ill health for extending the interim bail that expires Friday.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arrested Jain, a close associate of prime accused Ashok Malhotra, in September.
Jain, who owns a readymade garments showroom in Karol Bagh, is said to enjoy close proximity with senior civic officials.
Malhotra is accused of conspiring with five Delhi Development Authority (DDA) officials and fraudulently acquiring plots in Dhirpur area that were meant for resettlement of slum dwellers during 2000-02.
The Molarband resettlement scheme included more than 700 plots. Most of them were allotted this year.
The plots were allotted illegally and then sold at high prices, according to the CBI.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that Jain introduced Malhotra to Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) officials and struck deals with them on his behalf.
- Delhi land scam: Charges to be framed against 10 accused - May 05, 2012
- Missing documents: CBI moves court against summons - Jan 11, 2012
- Land scam: CBI joint director appears in court (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Multi-crore land scam accused continues in Delhi government (IANS Special) - Feb 12, 2012
- Missing documents: CBI moves court against summons (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Four held by CBI for medical admission fraud - Jul 20, 2012
- Land scam accused Ashok Malhotra's cars released - May 02, 2009
- Two accused sent to jail in medical admission racket - Jul 21, 2012
- 'CBI director needn't appear before trial court' - Jan 12, 2012
- 'CBI director needn't appear before trial court' (Lead, correcting year in paras 3,4) - Jan 12, 2012
- Land scam: CBI joint director appears in court (Second Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Land scam accused Ashok Malhotra gets bail - Mar 19, 2008
- CBI officer probing land scam held for accepting bribe - Mar 28, 2008
- Nod given for occupying flats in Dwarka society, court told - Nov 21, 2011
- CBI officer probing land scam sent to judicial custody - Mar 31, 2008