Court asks CBI to trace PIL mover in Koda scamAugust 31st, 2010 - 7:19 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Aug 31 (IANS) The Jharkhand High Court Tuesday directed the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to trace and bring before it Durga Oraon on whose public interest litigation (PIL) a probe was ordered in the multi-crore-rupee scam allegedly involving former chief minister Madhu Koda.
A division bench of Justice Bhagawati Prasad and Justice D.N. Patel directed the CBI to present Durga Oraon before it as the state police had failed to bring him Tuesday.
The high court had directed the state police chief to bring Durga Oraon before it Aug 18.
The police had failed to trace Oraon — who had filed the PIL and sought a CBI probe in the assets of Koda and six former ministers.
The police had put out an advertisement in local newspapers appealing Durga Oraon to contact them.
The high court Aug 4 ordered a CBI probe against Koda, who was the chief minister between 2006-08, and five former ministers for amassing assets more than their known sources of income, and asked Durga Oraon’s lawyer to bring him before the court. When the lawyer failed, the court directed the police to present him by Tuesday.
Koda and three of his former ministerial colleagues — Enos Ekka, Harinarayan Rai and Kamlesh Singh — are in jail in the graft case. They were arrested by the vigilance bureau last year. The vigilance bureau has filed a charge sheet against them.
- Jharkhand asked to give security to Koda scam petitioner - Sep 06, 2010
- CBI sleuths probing Koda's scam cases to get security - Aug 16, 2010
- CBI probe ordered against Koda in assets case - Aug 04, 2010
- The difficulty of being Jharkhand whistleblower Durga Oraon - Sep 21, 2010
- Plea for CBI probe into Shibu Soren's assets - Jun 21, 2011
- BJP upset as Jharkhand refuses CBI probe against Koda - Jan 29, 2010
- Jharkhand court rejects Koda's plea - Jul 15, 2009
- Rs.200 crore invested by Koda in Sweden traced, court told (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- IT, ED not cooperating in Koda scam probe, says Jharkhand - Feb 06, 2010
- CBI takes over Koda scam probe - Aug 12, 2010
- Koda scam: Jharkhand ready for CBI probe if court wants - Feb 04, 2010
- CBI ordered to probe Jharkhand state service exams - Jun 14, 2012
- Jharkhand court rejects Koda's bail plea - May 14, 2010
- Munda orders CBI probe into electrification scandal - Aug 10, 2011
- Court petition against former Jharkhand governor - Dec 17, 2009
Tags: assets, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, crore, division bench, ekka, graft case, jharkhand high court, kamlesh, lawyer, local newspapers, madhu koda, ministerial colleagues, prasad, public interest litigation, rai, rupee, state police, vigilance