Court allows Shiv Sena rally at Shivaji ParkSeptember 27th, 2011 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 27 (IANS) The Bombay High Court Tuesday granted permission, with some conditions, to the Shiv Sena to hold its traditional Dussehra rally at Shivaji Park, which has been declared a silent zone, a party leader said.
“A division bench of Justices Mohit Shah and Roshan Dalvi have granted us permission to hold the Dussehra rally at Shivaji Park which we have been holding since last 40 years,” said party legislator Anil Parab who had filed a petition.
“The court has, however, laid two conditions. First that we abide by the noise pollution (regulation and control) rules 2001, which prescribes noise level of 50 decibels and second, that the ground be restored to normal in 24 hours after the rally,” Parab told IANS.
Parab moved the high court as police refused to grant them permission to hold the rally.
The high court had May 5, 2010 directed the Maharashtra government to initiate steps to declare Shivaji Park as silence zone when a PIL was filed by a NGO, Wecom Trust.
The court had, however, exempted three days - the Maharashtra Day, the Republic Day and Ambedkar Jayanti - from the silence zone purview.
“The Shiv Sainiks are excited about the rally as the party supremo Balasahab (Thackeray) will also be present during the rally,” Parab said.
- Shiv Sena in trouble over Dussehra rally - Oct 20, 2010
- Shiv Sena officials booked for noise pollution - Oct 07, 2011
- Shiv Sena hauled up for Dussehra rally noise pollution - Oct 18, 2010
- Shiv Sena gets permission for Dussehra rally at Shivaji Park - Oct 11, 2010
- Court to hear Shiv Sena noise pollution case Wednesday - Oct 19, 2010
- Barred from Shivaji Park, MNS threatens street rally - Feb 03, 2012
- No Durga Puja, Shiv Sena Dassehra rally at Shivaji Park? - Sep 27, 2010
- NGO welcomes Shiv Sena's demand to stop mosque loudspeakers - Oct 21, 2010
- Shivaji Park declared silence zone, political parties upset (Lead) - May 06, 2010
- Enforce noise laws during polls, Prithviraj Chavan urged - Feb 04, 2012
- Shivaji Park as silence zone upsets political parties - May 05, 2010
- Bal Thackeray, Uddhav thunder at Dussehra rally - Oct 18, 2010
- IIT experts to help cut noise near Delhi Airport - Sep 21, 2011
- Mumbai's biggest playground declared silence zone - May 05, 2010
- Now, Shiv Sena objects to mosque loudspeakers - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: bombay high court, dalvi, decibels, division bench, jayanti, legislator, maharashtra government, ngo, noise level, noise pollution, party leader, pil, pollution regulation, rally, republic day, roshan, shiv sainiks, shiv sena, thackeray, wecom