Court allows NIA to compare Samjhauta, Malegaon blasts evidenceSeptember 28th, 2011 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
Panchkula (Haryana), Sep 28 (IANS) A Haryana court Wednesday allowed the National Investigating Agency (NIA) to compare evidence of the Samjhauta train blasts with those in Malegaon, Hyderabad and Ajmer.
Special Judge Subhash Mehta allowed the investigating agency to carry the evidence and other proof, found in the Samjhauta blast of Feb 18, 2007 near Panipat town in Haryana, to be taken to Hyderabad for examination by forensic experts.
The NIA, through its counsel, had sought the court’s permission to compare evidence of the train blast with other blasts. The examination will be done at the Central Forensic Sciences Laboratory in Hyderabad.
Imposing conditions on the NIA, the court said that the evidence should be taken in safe custody and it (court) should be informed in advance when the CFSL carries out the examination.
The NIA is looking for leads to any links between these blasts.
Hindu activist Swami Assemanand and four others are the main accused in the Samjhauta blast case in which 68 people, many of them from Pakistan, were killed in the blasts in the moving train near Panipat. The blasts happened on the Delhi-Attari link train that connects to the peace train between India and Pakistan.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had arrested Aseemanand, a member of the right-wing Hindu group Abhinav Bharat, Nov 19 last year from Haridwar (in Uttarakhand) for his alleged role in the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast in Hyderabad in which 14 people were killed.
- Aseemanand denies role in Samjhauta train blasts - May 12, 2011
- Aseemanand insists he is innocent in Samjhauta blasts - Jul 18, 2011
- Samjhauta blast: Assemanand denies knowing Kamal Chauhan - Feb 22, 2012
- Samjhauta blasts: Hindu group leader's custody extended - Jan 03, 2011
- Samjhauta blast: Aseemanand in court, two declared offenders - Jul 01, 2011
- Swami Aseemanand to be quizzed over Samjhauta train blast - Dec 21, 2010
- Samjhauta blasts: NIA charges Aseemanand, four others - Jun 20, 2011
- Samjhauta train blasts: Hindu leader sent to police custody - Dec 23, 2010
- Samjhauta blasts: Hindu leader sent to police custody till Jan 3 - Dec 24, 2010
- Samjhauta train bombing: Aseemanand's statement recorded - Jan 15, 2011
- Samjhauta blasts: Aseemanand gets 14-day judicial remand - Jan 13, 2011
- Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand claims innocence - Apr 22, 2011
- Judicial custody of Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand extended till May 2 - Apr 30, 2011
- Rajasthan cops take Aseemanand to Ajmer for blast probe - Jan 22, 2011
- Rajasthan ATS takes custody of Swami Aseemanand - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: abhinav, attari, bharat, central bureau of investigation, cfsl, forensic experts, forensic sciences, haridwar, hindu group, india and pakistan, investigating agency, malegaon blasts, mecca masjid blast, moving train, panchkula, peace train, special judge, train blast, train blasts, uttarakhand