Court allows lawyer to defend JundalJuly 9th, 2012 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 9 (IANS) Suspected 26/11 plotter Abu Jundal would finally be represented by a lawyer in a Delhi court as M.S. Khan, who has appeared in many terror cases, Monday informed the judge about his intention to defend the accused.
Jundal was not represented by any lawyer during his earlier two appearances in court since his arrest here June 21.
Khan also moved an application before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav to meet Jundal for half-an-hour during police custody. The plea was accepted.
The 2008 Mumbai terror suspect, who is believed to have made disclosures about the suspected involvement of Pakistani terrorists and state actors, is in Delhi Police custody till July 20.
Khan moved an application seeking permission to meet Jundal for half an hour as his counsel during his custodial interrogation.
The lawyer told IANS that Jundal’s mother had approached him to appear for his son in the court.
Khan has represented various terror suspects in Delhi’s 2001 Sena Bhawan blasts and the 2008 serial blasts. He also defended the accused in the 2007 Lucknow court blasts and the 2010 Jama Masjid shoot out case.
Various probe agency, including the National Investigation Agency (NIA), the Mumbai police and Gujarat Police moved court recently seeking Jundal’s custody in different cases.
Jundal was deported to India by Saudi Arabia after he was apprehended there. He was arrested on his arrival at the Delhi airport June 21. He was presented before a Delhi court the same day and police obtained his custody for interrogation.
- Four probe agencies to seek Jundal's custody Friday - Jul 19, 2012
- Now, Gujarat cops seek Jundal's custody - Jul 06, 2012
- Abu Jundal sent to police custody till July 31 (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal to be taken to Mumbai court Saturday (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Abu Jundal's police custody extended till Aug 13 - Jul 31, 2012
- Abu Jundal sent to judicial custody till Sep 24 - Sep 10, 2012
- Mumbai police want to confront Hamza with Kasab (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Kasab, Jundal to be jointly questioned by Mumbai Police - Aug 10, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal to be taken to Mumbai court Saturday (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Jundal sent to police custody in Nashik attack plot - Sep 11, 2012
- Jundal wants his confession to be recorded - Aug 10, 2012
- Kishtwar student a conspirator in Delhi blast, says NIA - Sep 22, 2011
- Delhi cops to question Abu Jindal for 15 more days (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Jundal was planning another 26/11-type strike: Investigators - Jul 06, 2012
- Abu Jundal shunted to police custody till July 31 - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: custodial interrogation, delhi airport, delhi court, delhi police, disclosures, gujarat police, half an hour, investigation agency, jama, lucknow, magistrate, mumbai police, national investigation, pakistani terrorists, police custody, saudi arabia, serial blasts, state actors, terror suspect, yadav