Court allows Kanimozhi to attend budget session (Lead)March 12th, 2012 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 12 (IANS) A CBI special court here Monday allowed Rajya Sabha MP Kanimozhi, an accused in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, to attend the budget session of parliament which began earlier in the day.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge O.P. Saini allowed Kanimozhi’s application for exemption from personal appearance in court but told her lawyer to remain present during the trial.
The cross examination of prosecution witness and Mumbai Deputy Registrar of Companies Rajender Singh Meena was conducted during the proceedings. It will continue Tuesday.
According to the government auditor, the 2G scam, allegedly masterminded by jailed former communications minister A. Raja, pertained to a biased distribution of mobile airwaves and operating licences, in lieu of kickbacks, to telecom firms.
Nineteen individuals and six companies are accused in the case. Except for Raja and Behura, all other arrested accused have been released on bail.
- 2G: Court allows Behura to appear before JPC - Mar 30, 2012
- 2G: Court allows Morani to attend IPL-5 opening - Mar 30, 2012
- 2G case: CBI to file more documents (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- No threat to support CBI's 2G case: Raja's ex-aide (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- 2G scam: Balwa objects to judge's intervention - Mar 20, 2012
- 2G: Ravi Ruia, three others appear before court - Mar 31, 2012
- TRAI had no information about spectrum, court told - Mar 22, 2012
- 2G: Companies knew date of LOIs issuance beforehand, claims witness - Mar 30, 2012
- 2G case: Raja ex-aide's cross-examination resumes Monday - Jan 01, 2012
- 2G: Court defers hearing on Swamy's plea - Mar 17, 2012
- 2G: Raja concludes cross examination of ex-aide (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Ex-TRAI chief Mishra deposes in 2G scam case - Jan 11, 2012
- Have not changed statement to save myself: Former telecom secretary - Apr 20, 2012
- 2G: Ravi Ruia, three others skip court again - Mar 17, 2012
- 2G Scam: Ravi Ruia, three others issued fresh summons (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
Tags: budget session, cbi, central bureau of investigation, cross examination, deputy registrar, government auditor, kickbacks, meena, mp, New Delhi, parliament, personal appearance, prosecution witness, raja, rajya sabha, registrar of companies, six companies, special judge, spectrum allocation, telecom firms