Court allows Jagan to vote in presidential electionJuly 17th, 2012 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 17 (IANS) A special court Monday permitted jailed YSR Congress Party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy and former state minister Mopidevi Venkatramna to cast their votes in the Presidential election.
Jagan, as the member of parliament from Kadapa is popularly known, and Venkatramna will cast their votes in the state legislative assembly building premises here Thursday.
Both Jagan and Venkatramna are currently lodged in Chanchalguda Central Jail here in Jagan’s disproportionate assets case.
The CBI court directed the authorities to make necessary arrangements so that the two can exercise their franchise. The court asked police to provide escort to them from jail to the assembly and back.
The court passed the orders on the separate petitions by Jagan and Venkatramna seeking permission to cast their votes. Earlier, the CBI conveyed to the court that it has no objection to their participation in election process.
Venkatramna of ruling Congress was excise minister when he was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation in May. Jagan was also arrested the same month.
- Jagan leaves jail to vote in presidential poll (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Andhra speaker first to vote presidential poll - Jul 19, 2012
- CBI seeks another three-day custody of Jagan - Jun 07, 2012
- Jagan's second phase CBI custody ends - Jun 10, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan for fourth day - Jun 06, 2012
- Court refuses anticipatory bail to Jagan - May 24, 2012
- CBI questions Andhra minister in Jagan assets case - May 18, 2012
- CBI summons another Andhra minister in Jagan case - Jun 05, 2012
- Jagan judicial custody extended till July 4 - Jun 25, 2012
- Another legislator quits Congress, two more call on Jagan's mother - May 31, 2012
- CBI to continue questioning Jagan Sunday (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Jagan celebrates party's win in jail - Jun 15, 2012
- Supreme Court notice to CBI on Jagan's bail plea - Aug 09, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan in illegal assets case (Second Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Supreme Court notices to six Andhra ministers (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,