Court allows Ghandy to compare two charge sheetsMay 15th, 2012 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) A Delhi court hearing a case against Maoist leader Kobad Ghandy Monday granted time to his counsel for comparing the fresh sets of charges with the charge sheet filed previously.
Additional Sessions Judge Pawan Kumar Jain listed the matter for hearing May 25 and granted time to Ghandy’s counsel so that he could compare the fresh charge sheet with the previous one and spot the new facts brought forth by Delhi Police.
The case was sent to the sessions court by Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Vinod Yadav.
The CMM took cognisance of the fresh charge sheet filed against Ghandy for prosecuting him under terror charges April 30 and sent it to the sessions court, saying that terror charges cannot be tried in his court.
Police moved an application seeking prosecution of Ghandy under terror charges after a sessions court discharged him March 28 from the charges due to lack of proper sanction to proceed against him.
According to police, Ghandy was involved in setting up a new network of the banned outfit Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) in Delhi. He was arrested here Sep 20, 2009, while undergoing treatment for cancer.
- Court accepts terror charges against Kobad Ghandy (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Kobad Ghandy to face trial under terror charges (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Terror charge plea against Ghandy to come up April 9 - Mar 31, 2012
- Maoist Kobad Ghandy to stand trial for cheating (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Court to decide on terror charges against Ghandy April 30 - Apr 24, 2012
- Maoist Kobad Ghandy to stand trial for cheating (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Fresh plea to prosecute Ghandy under terror charges - Mar 30, 2012
- Fresh chargesheet filed against Maoist Kobad Ghandy - Mar 23, 2012
- Dropping terror charges against Ghandy hailed - Mar 28, 2012
- Supreme Court stays Kobad Ghandy's bail (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Cancelling Andhra court bail to Kobad Ghandy meaningless: SC - Jul 27, 2012
- Magistrate can grant remand under anti-terror law: Court - Jul 06, 2012
- Ghandy met Prachanda, knew of Induwar's killing: Police (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2010
- Supreme Court seeks evidence against Ghandy (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Magistrate can grant remand under anti-terror law: Court (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: cancer, charge sheets, communist party of india, CPI, delhi court, delhi police, ghandy, magistrate, maoist, New Delhi, pawan kumar, prosecution, sanction, sessions court, terror charges, undergoing treatment, vinod