Court allows Delhi blasts accused to be taken to GujaratMarch 19th, 2009 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) A city court Thursday allowed the Gujarat police to take Delhi serial blasts accused Mohammed Saif, who is also named in the July 26 Ahmedabad serial explosions, to the state.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja on an application of the Gujarat police allowed them the custody of Saif, a suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) terrorist, to take him to Gujarat.
The Gujarat police wanted Saif for a case registered at the Mani Nagar police station in Ahmedabad following the serial blasts.
Handing over Saif, the court directed the Gujarat police to present him before a Gujarat court on or before March 21.
Saif, along with other suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists, has already been named in charge sheets in five cases for the Sep 13 serial blasts in the capital, in which 26 people were killed.
Arrested Sep 19 following the Batla House encounter in the capital, Saif was earlier interrogated by Gujarat and Rajasthan police for his alleged role in serial blasts in Ahmedabad and Jaipur.
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges filed against two - May 15, 2010
- Delhi serial blasts accused given copy charge-sheet - May 20, 2010
- Delhi Police file chargesheet in 2008 serial bombing case - May 16, 2010
- Arguments of three more Delhi blasts accused over - Aug 19, 2010
- Four Delhi blast accused in Gujarat police's custody - Jun 12, 2009
- 2008 Delhi serial blast: 11 accused fail to appear in court (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Delhi bombing accused was not a minor, rules court - May 05, 2010
- Trial in Delhi serial blasts case to begin soon - Nov 26, 2009
- Indian Mujahideen terrorist sent to police custody - Feb 06, 2010
- Delhi serial blasts accused sent to police custody - Mar 23, 2010
- Batla House shootout: Court paves way for trial (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Suspected terrorist allowed to contest Delhi civic polls - Mar 15, 2012
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: 11 accused fail to appear in court - Feb 21, 2011
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: Court to frame charges Feb 21 (Second lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011