Court allows application against Chidambaram in Meeerut mass killingsJuly 9th, 2012 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 9 (IANS) A Delhi court Monday allowed Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy to move an application against Home Minister P. Chidambaram and make him a co-accused in an over two decade old case of mass killings in Uttar Pradesh.
Swamy, in a verbal submission, requested Additional Sessions Judge Rakesh Siddhartha that he be allowed to move the application against Chidambaram under Section 319 Code of Criminal Procedure (power to proceed against other persons appearing to be guilty of offence).
Accepting the Janata Party chief’s request, the court will hear the case Aug 17.
The application will be moved in first week of the next month, Swamy told IANS.
Around 40 Muslims were killed in 1987 after a curfew was clamped to search for illegal arms in the Hashimpura area of Uttar Pradesh’s Meerut city.
Chidambaram was then the minister of state for internal security in the home ministry at the centre.
- Court allows plea against Chidambaram in Meerut mass killings (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- 2G: Make Chidmabaram co-accused, Swamy tells court - Sep 15, 2011
- Congress slams Swamy, says Chidambaram clean - Aug 24, 2012
- SC rejects Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- SC dismisses Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Chidambaram's time wasted over allegations: Priyanka - Feb 05, 2012
- Relief for Chidambaram as court dismisses Swamy's plea (Second Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Supreme Court endorses party stance on 2G: Congress (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Chidambaram allocated extra spectrum to 2G licence holders: Swamy - Apr 20, 2012
- Swamy's plea to make Chidambaram accused in 2G deferred - Nov 08, 2011
- Will appeal against judgement: Swamy - Feb 04, 2012
- Trial court to decide on Chidambaram's role in afternoon - Feb 04, 2012
- Clean chit to Chidambaram in 2G scam (Roundup) - Feb 04, 2012
- Chidambaram's alleged complicity in 2G scam to be decided Saturday - Feb 03, 2012
- Don't be happy about SC decision, opposition tells Congress - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: curfew, decade, delhi court, home minister, home ministry, illegal arms, internal security, killings new, mass killings, meerut city, minister of state, muslims, New Delhi, offence, old case, p chidambaram, party chief, rakesh, sessions, siddhartha