Court acquits driver of doctor’s murder, raps copsApril 6th, 2010 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 6 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Tuesday acquitted a driver of killing his doctor employer and slammed Delhi Police for lax investigations into the case, in which the attacker allegedly also forged the doctor’s signatures on cheques.
A division bench of Justice Pradeep Nandrajog and Justice Suresh Kait, while freeing Mohd Yunus of the charge of murdering his employer Dr. S.K. Vishwakarma in 2001, said, “It is apparent that a crime goes unpunished because of the lackadaisical manner in which the investigating officer conducted the investigation and sought to prove the case.”
Pulling up the investigating officer of the case, the court said, “The investigating officer has just not bothered to keep into account the requirement of the procedures of law to obtain permission from a competent court to obtain the sample writing of an accused.”
According to the prosecution, Yunus was the driver of Dr. S.K. Vishwakarma, a professor in the University College of Medical Sciences, GTB Hospital, here and was misusing his cheque-book by forging signatures.
“Had the prosecution proved said fact, a very strong motive for the crime would have emerged,” the court said.
“Unfortunately for the prosecution, it has not been proved that the signatures on the said cheques were not those of the deceased and that they were those of the appellant,” the court said.
A complaint purportedly made by the doctor, alleging that somebody was misusing his cheque book, could also not been proved, the court said.
- 2G: Accused says prosecution using forged records - Jun 07, 2012
- Rs.20 lakh relief for terror suspect's custody death (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Couple working in bank arrested for cheating - Aug 30, 2010
- Father seeks justice for son's death - Aug 05, 2011
- CBI clerk, seven others sent to jail for fraud - Sep 06, 2012
- Employee seeking salary pushed to death by boss - Jun 23, 2011
- CBI allowed to quiz court clerk over fraud - Sep 05, 2012
- Virbhadra graft case: Court reserves order - Jan 05, 2012
- Charges framed against former cooperative societies registrar - Jul 26, 2012
- Honour killing: Court upholds life term to father - Jun 29, 2010
- Court quashes man's life term for dowry death - Oct 27, 2011
- Probe lapses not fatal to case if guilt proved: SC - Aug 02, 2012
- High court pulls up trial judge, acquits murder accused - Jun 08, 2010
- Court asks Virbhadra to file reply in graft case - Nov 04, 2011
- No relief for ex-railway minister in graft case - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: attacker, cheque book, competent court, cops, delhi high court, delhi police, division bench, gtb, investigations, justice suresh, kait, medical sciences, motive, New Delhi, pradeep, prosecution, raps, signatures, vishwakarma, yunus