Court accepts Naval War Room case accused’s complaintJune 4th, 2012 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) A Delhi court Monday accepted a complaint by Abhishek Verma, a businessman who is an accused in the 2006 Naval War Room leak case, against his former US-based partner and a former Indian partner for alleged cheating and defamation.
Verma faces charges of leaking classified documents from the Directorate of Naval Operations. The case is being investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation.
Metropolitan Magistrate Surya Malik Grover took cognizance of Verma’s private complaint in the case and listed the matter for recording of evidence July 21.
“Put up the matter for pre-summoning of evidence July 21,” said Judge Grover.
Verma alleged that his former partner and US-based lawyer C. Edmonds Allen and former Indian partner Arjun Arora cheated him of nearly Rs.55 crore (over $9 million) around 2008.
The complainant claimed that he offered consultancy to the accused but they cheated him.
“The accused having malafide intention refused to make the said payment despite the fact that I was diligently providing consultancy services to them,” said Verma.
–Indo-Asian News service
- Abhishek Verma fails to appear in court - Jul 21, 2012
- CBI conducts raids in navy war room leak case - Jun 07, 2012
- Abhishek Verma calls fresh case politically motivated - Aug 09, 2012
- Verma, wife sent to judicial custody in OSA case - Sep 14, 2012
- Verma, wife sent to 10 days CBI custody - Sep 04, 2012
- Abhishek Verma's wife denied bail - Aug 30, 2012
- CBI to question Abhishek Verma, wife till Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Verma, wife move release application in money laundering case - Sep 11, 2012
- Order reserved on Swamy plea for Chidambaram's trial (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Fresh case against Abhishek Verma under secrecy act - Aug 29, 2012
- Court issues summons to Ansal brothers - Apr 24, 2012
- Abhishek Verma faces arrest for money laundering - Aug 21, 2012
- Granted bail, Anca will still stay in jail - Aug 29, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife sent to jail till July 4 (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- 2G: Raja cross examines former aide - Dec 22, 2011
Tags: abhishek verma, akk, asian news, businessman, central bureau of investigation, cognizance, complainant, consultancy services, crore, defamation, delhi court, edmonds, grover, indian partner, indo, magistrate, malik, naval operations, naval war, war room