Cour verdict in property case comes after 39 years!April 2nd, 2009 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 2 (IANS) Finally, after 39 years of legal battle, Nirmala Devi got her home back from relatives who were forcibly staying in it. The Delhi High Court Thursday asked her relatives to vacate the house in a month’s time, but Nirmala Devi is not alive to savour the much-delayed justice.
Justice V.B. Gupta gave relief to Nirmala, who died during the course of the long drawn case, and asked the relatives to pay a fine of Rs.50,000 to her legal heirs.
Nirmala was alloted a flat in Malviya Nagar by the government under a rehabilitation policy in 1968.
Soon, her two relatives, Gopal Krishan and Satpal, started living with her. But when she asked them to vacate the premises, they refused. She filed a case in the court in 1970.
Gopal and Satpal, in their appeal, said that the flat was allotted to all of them and they were equal owners.
But the court declined their plea and said that they have unnecessary dragged the case for so long. The court also said that the misfortune of the case was that the real owner of the property cannot enjoy the ownership of her house.
- Wary of frivolous cases, landlords keeping houses vacant: Court - Jul 09, 2011
- Italian government, fishermen kin pact void: Apex court (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Apex court frowns on Italian ship case developments (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Delhi court evicts tenant from ex-official's flat - Jul 01, 2012
- 'Expedite issue of completion certificates' - Feb 24, 2012
- CWG village flats: Pay dues to DDA, court tells Emaar MGF - Mar 19, 2012
- Court tells DDA to give flat to man waiting for 30 years (Lead) - Oct 04, 2011
- Government approves amendments to enemy property law - Oct 20, 2010
- Government's nod to changes in enemy property act (Lead) - Oct 20, 2010
- Bill to amend law on migrant property introduced - Nov 15, 2010
- Court directs refund of Rs.80 lakh to Gayatri Devi's kin - Apr 28, 2010
- Nod given for occupying flats in Dwarka society, court told - Nov 21, 2011
- Rs.1.7 cr fine slapped for commercial use of property - Mar 08, 2010
- Opposition leader asked to vacate house - Oct 17, 2010
- Maid torture: Doctor couple arrested in Delhi (Second Lead) - Apr 04, 2012