Couple sue over noisy wooden floorMarch 3rd, 2012 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 3 (IANS) A couple here has launched a legal action claiming their lives had been made hell by the clicking of heels on the wooden floor of the apartment above, The Telegraph reported.
Hameed and Inan Faidi claim the sound of their neighbours’ shoes on the wooden boards constitutes a “noise nuisance”, which has shattered their peace.
The couple have taken the landlord of the apartment in Belgravia, west London, to the Court of Appeal in an attempt to force the family living there to fit a carpet instead.
Judges heard that the pair had lived in harmony with their neighbours since they moved into the flat in 1995. Faidi declined to comment when contacted.
- British woman fined 5,500 pounds for noisy pets - Aug 27, 2012
- Parrot scares off burglars - Mar 01, 2012
- NY couple sues neighbour for $500K over 'second-hand smoke' - Jan 17, 2011
- A look inside confessed Times Square car bomber Faisal Shahzad's nondescript Bridgeport home - May 06, 2010
- Britain's youngest mother aged 12 evicted over 'wild drug-fuelled parties' - Sep 24, 2010
- Stark naked stripper 'stiletto's' pub owners after drunk on job accusation - Nov 11, 2010
- Sugababe Amelle Berrabah arrested on suspicion of drink driving - Sep 26, 2010
- Squeals of delight, 'n' screams of protests - May 19, 2012
- When showstopper Zoa Morani slipped on the ramp - Mar 04, 2012
- Man faces eviction for humming - Jul 09, 2011
- Over 33pct Brits troubled by noisy neighbours - Apr 09, 2009
- High heels could be bad for your health - Jan 28, 2012
- Woman jumps from Gurgaon high rise, dies - May 07, 2012
- Mariah Carey obsessed with pregnancy books - Nov 01, 2010
- Neighbors complain that a deaf couple is too loud - Nov 30, 2011