Couple held in Jharkhand for stealing baby boyMarch 3rd, 2008 - 9:49 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 3 (IANS) A couple has been arrested for allegedly abducting a one-month-old baby boy from south Delhi, the police said Monday. Anita, 26, and her husband Narayan, 32, were arrested Sunday from Jharkhand for kidnapping Mohit from outside a private hospital in Ambedkar Nagar here last week.
The police said investigations were taken up after the boy’s mother Meera Devi in her complaint blamed Anita, who befriended her two-three weeks back, for the kidnapping.
“On Feb 28, Anita told me to accompany her along with the baby for shopping at Mehrauli. After shopping she asked me to visit her mother’s house at Sarita Vihar,” Meera Devi said, according to the police.
“We both took an auto-rickshaw and when we reached Sarita Vihar, Anita said they had come to the wrong address and would have to go to Khanpur, as her mother had shifted there,” she was quoted as saying.
After reaching a house in Khanpur, Anita asked Meera Devi to stay outside and took the baby inside on some pretext.
Thereafter Anita disappeared with the baby.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (South Delhi) Anil Shukla said Anita and Narayan were arrested from Jharkhand.
“Anita in her interrogation revealed that she was married to Sanjay. She gave birth to a stillborn child and her ovaries were damaged. Later, her husband died and she got married to Narayan, who had two girls from his previous marriage,” Shukla said.
“Anita said as she was physically incapable to deliver a child, she planned to kidnap a newborn baby and started roaming near hospitals. She said she met Meera in the Banerjee Hospital, started developing close ties with her and finally she succeeded in her plan,” Shukla added.
The south district police Feb 6 arrested a domestic help, unable to conceive a baby, from Mumbai for allegedly kidnapping a two-year old boy from outside his south Delhi home in October last year.
- Youth arrested for raping infant in Delhi - Aug 17, 2012
- Two women held for stealing baby - Dec 30, 2011
- Get servants verified: Delhi Police - May 12, 2011
- Woman kills mother-in-law with paramour's help - Aug 18, 2012
- Three police officials suspended for dereliction of duty - Jan 26, 2012
- Two girl students commit suicide in Delhi - Feb 25, 2011
- Rajasthan woman sells son for Rs.40,000, held - Aug 09, 2012
- Pregnant woman commits suicide in Delhi - Jun 19, 2012
- Battered two-year-old baby recovering (Second Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Two arrested for kidnapping boy from Punjab - Aug 23, 2012
- Battered baby critical, government offers support (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Battered baby battles for life, parents untraceable - Jan 27, 2012
- Boy abducted because of his name - Apr 05, 2012
- FIR against Sikar government hospital head - Aug 28, 2012
- Falak continues to battle for life, three arrested in case (Roundup) - Feb 02, 2012