Couple held for looting, killing retired IndianOil managerSeptember 25th, 2008 - 11:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 25 (IANS) A couple has been arrested in the national capital for allegedly killing and looting a retired chief manager of Indian Oil Corporation two months ago, Delhi Police said Thursday.Eric Anthony William Massey, 30, and Liza, 27, were arrested from south Delhi’s Khanpur area Wednesday for killing Mahesh Kumar Goel, of Mayur Vihar, in July.
Deputy commissioner of police (southwest Delhi) Shalini Singh said Liza, who worked with a call centre in Gurgaon before settling with Massey, used to lure people over Internet chatting.
Liza would chat from various Internet cafes in south Delhi under the name of Maya Thakur and Sara Jones. Goel came in contact with her over the chatting.
“Liza asked Goel to meet her in Gurgaon’s Metropolitan Mall, where she gave him pastry laced with drugs. Goel fell unconscious in his car. Massey, who was also present in the vehicle, drove the car towards Gurgaon highway toll tax,” Singh said.
“They wanted to abandon the car and unconscious Goel nearby the toll tax but could not find a suitable place due to dense traffic. They reached Sector-4 Dwarka market where Goel gained some consciousness and resisted while the duo were searching for his wallet,” the police officer added.
Massey then beat him up to death. The duo picked up Goel’s belongings, including wallet, laptop, credit card, photo identity card and a brief case, and fled from the spot. The police recovered his body three days after the murder.
Singh said Liza then purchased jewellery and other stuff from Goel’s credit card that led to their arrest. “They have also duped at least five people by using the same modus operandi,” said Singh.
- Two toll employees on Gurgaon Expressway held for extortion - Sep 21, 2012
- 3 held for trying to leak SBI exam paper (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Maharashtra Rajya Sabha member wallet stolen in temple - Dec 21, 2011
- 51 stolen luxury cars recovered, nine held in Punjab - Jul 14, 2011
- Goa newspaper's editor, wife arrested for cheating investors - Sep 06, 2012
- Israeli team to reach Delhi to discuss attack - Feb 15, 2012
- Man held for job fraud - Dec 27, 2011
- Operator charges toll at two Gurgoan plazas - Sep 05, 2012
- Couple held for duping NRIs, elderly - Feb 17, 2011
- Gurgaon toll plaza attendant's killers held, pistol untraced - Sep 26, 2011
- Kolkata conman dupes Jet Airways of Rs.2 crore, nabbed - Nov 10, 2010
- Gang of credit card cheats busted - Jan 28, 2011
- 'Link between Meghalaya rebel group, student activists' - Sep 04, 2011
- Robbery gang busted in Chandigarh - Apr 11, 2011
- Eight held for credit card fraud - Oct 20, 2011