Couple commits suicide by jumping into waterfallJuly 26th, 2008 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, July 26 (IANS) A man and a woman who were in love but could not marry due to resistance from their families committed suicide by jumping into Bhedaghat waterfall near Madhya Pradesh’s Jabalpur city, the police said Saturday. Sachin Prajapati (24) and Lakshmi Chakraborty (20) were in love and wanted to marry but their parents were not prepared for it.
They went to Bhedaghat waterfall in the outskirts of the city, about 350 km from here, Friday afternoon but Lakshmi’s brother Mukesh saw them.
On seeing him, both jumped into the waterfall, the police said.
Divers were pressed into service but their bodies were yet to be found.
- Pawar escapes unhurt as ceiling fan falls - Dec 03, 2011
- Man kills wife and daughter - Mar 15, 2012
- I also informed Antony on Tatra trucks: Jabalpur MP - Apr 05, 2012
- Refused touch screen mobile, 11-year-old commits suicide - Mar 03, 2012
- Non-resident Indian woman jumps to death from 14th floor - Dec 18, 2011
- 'Princess' beheads sexual harasser - Jan 20, 2012
- Former Bhopal MP commits suicide - Oct 06, 2011
- IAF group captain held over suicide of sacked woman officer - Sep 12, 2011
- BJP workers damage railway station in Madhya Pradesh - Feb 27, 2010
- Sub-inspector arrested for acid attack on woman - Nov 27, 2010
- Man tries to kill himself in police station, 5 cops suspended - Jan 13, 2010
- Man commits suicide after killing wife, sister-in-law - Jun 14, 2011
- Cop caught on camera raping woman, dismissed (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Near total shutdown in Madhya Pradesh - Jul 05, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh sees clashes, arrests during shutdown (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010