Couple arrested for harassing minor maidsApril 27th, 2012 - 12:25 am ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, April 26 (IANS) In a raid in Gurgoan, two minor girls working as maids were rescued Thursday and their employer, a garment factory owner and his wife, arrested for harassing them, police said. The girls, hailing from Nepal and Bihar, were trafficked through an illegal placement agency.
The raid was conducted jointly by police and Childline, an organisation which fights for rights of children. District Child Protection Officer and Labour Department from the Sushant Lok area were also involved in the raid, police said.
One of the victims is the native of Nepal and second one is the native of Bihar. They were trafficked by an illegal placement agency. The children were rescued from the house of a garment factory owner at D14/27, Sushant Lok.
Ashwin Narula and his wife Madhu Narula were arrested Thursday and produced in the court. Later both were left on bail.
The victim in their statement said that they have been working in the house as domestic help since last two years. The Nepali girl claimed that she is not getting any salary for her service. She also said that she was neither allowed to speak nor visit her parents.
The Childline, Gurgaon received a call at the toll free number 1098. From the tip off the Childline team approached the police and formed a raid team.
- Complaints of growing abuse by placement agencies in Delhi - Jul 03, 2011
- Police rescue 25 minor girls from Bihar fair - Feb 14, 2012
- CBI asked to probe minors' trafficking by placement agency - May 28, 2010
- Four arrested for trafficking, eight girls rescued - Jun 26, 2012
- 36 child labourers rescued in Delhi - Apr 19, 2011
- Minors rescued from Delhi brothel - Aug 18, 2012
- Hundreds of Falaks go unnoticed at Delhi's shelter homes - Feb 22, 2012
- 10 missing girl students found pushed into flesh trade - Aug 04, 2012
- Raids continue on Kanda's homes, offices (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Nepal's growing pornography trade preys on women - Jun 16, 2010
- Seven child traffickers held, 41 minors rescued - Apr 23, 2010
- Raped maid rescued in Gurgaon - Apr 20, 2012
- From Kamathipura to meet Clinton: A Nepali woman's long march (Feature, with image) - Jul 10, 2011
- ITC declares lockout at Nepal garments factory - Jun 16, 2011
- 15 child workers rescued in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: ashwin, bihar, childline, d14, domestic help, garment factory, labour department, maids, minor girls, narula, nepal, nepali, parents, raid police, rights of children, salary, sushant lok, toll free number