Couple arrested for cheating job aspirantsDecember 23rd, 2010 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 23 (IANS) A couple was arrested for allegedly duping unemployed youths from north Indian states on the pretext of providing them lucrative jobs abroad, police said Thursday.”We have arrested Abdul Salam Khan and his wife Fatima Sarvar Khan who reside in Darya Ganj,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police K.K. Vyas.
According to police, a complaint was filed by Shahazad Akhtar Khan after finding out that the couple had cheated his neighbours.
“Khan had introduced his neighbours Shahnawaz Ahmad, Naeem Ahmad and Munawar, all residents of Uttar Pradesh, to the couple in April 2009. The gang allegedly cheated several unemployed youths from different states of north India,” said a police officer.
According to Vyas, all three of them paid Rs.1.5 lakh to the couple in June last year for getting them a job in Singapore.
The couple provided them a forged e-visa and made several promises of getting them jobs.
“The three made several visits to the couple’s residence for employment but they were turned back on one pretext or the other but were assured a job in Singapore each time,” he said.
During investigations, it came to light that they were not authorised recruiting agents.
Two of their other associates, Paramjeet Singh and Sajan Sharma, were arrested some time back.
- Railway job racket busted, 5 arrested - Apr 27, 2012
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- Duping racket busted, one arrested in Delhi - Jun 20, 2011
- 'Police officer' nabbed for cheating unemployed youth - Mar 24, 2012
- Man arrested for duping youth - Sep 29, 2011
- Man escapes from police custody in Darjeeling - Jun 01, 2012
- Two arrested for running job racket - Feb 02, 2012
- Man held for cheating merchant navy aspirants - Jun 08, 2012
- Cheating couple promising new cars for old arrested - Apr 15, 2011
- Three shot dead in Pakistan billiard club - Aug 29, 2011
- Groom stranded as bride flees with money - Sep 03, 2012
- Two held for cheating in Delhi - May 31, 2012
- Former manager at retail chain arrested for cheating - Mar 10, 2012
- Former bank staff held for fraud - Nov 07, 2011
- Pak court extends custody of two brothers accused of cannibalism - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,