Counting of votes for 200 Rajasthan assembly beginsDecember 8th, 2008 - 10:07 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Dec 8 (IANS) Counting of votes for 200 assembly seats began Monday in Rajasthan, where the Congress is pitted against the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).The vote count will decide the fate of 2,193 candidates.
“The first result is expected by 11 a.m. while a majority of results should be declared by late in the afternoon,” an Election Commission official told IANS.
Nealry 67 percent of 36 million voters exercised their franchise Dec 4 to elect a new government. The BJP won 120 seats in 2003.
- All set for Punjab vote count - Mar 05, 2012
- Vote count begins in Punjab - Mar 06, 2012
- Delhi votes to elect new civic bodies (Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Average voting in initial hours of Delhi civic polls (Second Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Polling in Rajasthan ends peacefully - Dec 04, 2008
- Voting picks up in Delhi civic polls (Third Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Polling starts for Shimla Municipal Corporation - May 27, 2012
- Brisk voting in fourth round of UP elections (Afternoon Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Bihar verdict will decide high-stakes battle - Nov 23, 2010
- Delhi votes to pick trifurcated civic body (Fourth Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Over 65 percent polling in Andhra by-elections (Third Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- 71 percent polling in Andhra by-elections (Night Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- Delhi civic polls: BJP heads for big lead (Second Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Around 75 percent voting in Tamil Nadu assembly by-poll (Second Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- Voting begins for Chandigarh's municipal elections - Dec 17, 2011