Counselling for engineering seats deferred by a weekJune 17th, 2008 - 8:33 am ICT by IANS
Allahabad, June 16 (IANS) The counselling of successful candidates of the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) scheduled to start Saturday has been postponed to June 24. The counselling was to start at 18 centres across the country. The off-campus counselling will now start June 23 while the on-campus, which was scheduled June 30, will start July 4, said a statement from Central Counselling Board, the apex decision making body for AIEEE counselling.
Postponement came after a ministry of human resource development directive saying that 50 percent of the seats would be filled through the state quotas, while the remaining 50 percent would be through all-India merit, said A.B. Samaddar, board chairman and director of Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology in Allahabad.
In a major relief to the students, it has been decided to waive off the requirement of physical presence of student at a college after seat allotments.
“Now once an institute is allotted to him, a student would not need to rush to the institute for reporting as it can be done through his nearest designated counselling centre,” he said.
- Apex court's nod to e-counselling for PG medical courses - Mar 23, 2012
- 10 lakh students appear in all-India engineering entrance test - Apr 30, 2012
- All India engineering exam results declared - May 29, 2010
- Court notices to government, CBSE on seat allotment system - Sep 15, 2010
- High court asks centre, CCB to file reply on seats allotment in AIEEE - Sep 24, 2010
- AIEEE exam held after three hour delay (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- SC notice on vacant post-graduate medical seats (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- AIEEE exam delayed after paper leak - May 01, 2011
- IITs, engineering colleges may start joint counselling - Sep 03, 2009
- Samajwadi Party workers block Gandhi's cavalcade in Allahabad - Jan 10, 2011
- IGNOU launches five new courses on gender and development - Jun 21, 2011
- Can't deny education to students on bonafide mistakes: Court - Aug 04, 2012
- AIEEE exam delayed after paper leak (Second Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi faces protests in Allahabad - Jan 10, 2011
- Court grills AIIMS on post-graduation seats - Jun 28, 2010