Couldn’t take Obama call as I was travelling: PMNovember 11th, 2008 - 4:16 am ICT by IANS
On Board Air India One, Nov 11 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has said he could not take a telephone call from US president-elect Barack Obama as he was travelling and that it would be set up at “another time”.”I got a call on Saturday but could not take it as I was travelling,” Manmohan Singh told reporters on board his special aircraft while returning home from a two-nation visit to the Gulf.
“The call will be set up another time,” he added.
Responding to a question on India-US ties under the Obama administration, the prime minister said: ” I have absolutely no doubt that India’s relations with the US would be perfectly in order.”
The prime minister said he had also conveyed his condolences to Obama over the death of his grandmother.
Indian media reports Sunday had suggested that the foreign policy establishment in New Delhi was not perturbed over the fact that Obama had not telephoned Manmohan Singh even as he had spoken to 15 world leaders, including Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari, after his election.
- Anna Hazare an important leader, says PM - Apr 17, 2011
- Obama, Manmohan Singh may meet at La Cabos - Jun 16, 2012
- Had fruitful visits to China, Kazakhstan: PM - Apr 17, 2011
- Putin may meet Obama at G8 in May - Mar 22, 2012
- Gurdwara shooting: Obama calls Manmohan; conveys people's solidarity - Aug 09, 2012
- Mannmohan, Obama to meet in Bali Friday, n-deal on agenda - Nov 16, 2011
- Anna an important leader, I respect him: Manmohan Singh (Lead) - Apr 17, 2011
- Obama calls Putin - Mar 10, 2012
- Obama wanted to talk, says PM (Lead) - Nov 11, 2008
- Manmohan Singh condoles loss of life and property in conversation with Japan PM - Mar 24, 2011
- Obama says India-US ties anchor to Asia approach - Apr 29, 2011
- Prime minister condoles Sathe's death - Sep 24, 2011
- Putin, Obama to meet after presidential inauguration - Mar 21, 2012
- Nirupama Rao presents credentials to Obama (With Images) - Sep 10, 2011
- No bribery during 2008 trust vote, says PM - Mar 23, 2011