Costa Rican diplomat kidnapped in VenezuelaApril 10th, 2012 - 7:48 am ICT by IANS
San Jose, April 10 (IANS) A Costa Rican diplomat has been kidnapped for ransom in the Venezuelan capital, Costa Rica’s foreign ministry said Monday.
Guillermo Cholele, a trade attache of Costa Rica’s embassy in Venezuela, was kidnapped Sunday night in Caracas while he was returning home.
His kidnappers have made a ransome call to Nazareth Avendano, Costa Rican ambassador to Venezuela, and said the diplomat was in good health, Xinhua reported.
Caracas is one of the most dangerous cities in Latin America. In January, Mexican Ambassador Carlos Pujalte and his wife were kidnapped. They were freed four hours later.
- Costa Rican diplomat kidnapped in Venezuela is free - Apr 11, 2012
- Costa Rican diplomat kidnapped in Venezuela (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Venezuela nabs three for Mexican envoy's abduction - Feb 07, 2012
- Abducted Mexican ambassador freed in Venezuela - Jan 31, 2012
- Costa Rica opens embassy in India - Apr 21, 2010
- FIFA praises Costa Rica's victory in pre-World Cup - Jul 10, 2012
- Costa Rican Foreign Minister Salazar calls on S.M. Krishna in New Delhi - Oct 19, 2010
- Dominican singer to begin world tour - Jul 11, 2011
- 14,000 teenage pregnancies shocks Costa Rica - Aug 15, 2010
- Ex-Costa Rican president sent to five years in prison - Apr 28, 2011
- Disney Wonder ship reaches Costa Rica - Jan 15, 2011
- Pilots killed as two crop-dusters collide in Costa Rica - Jun 22, 2011
- Italian embassy staffer kidnapped in Yemen - Jul 30, 2012
- A film on the 6,300 Maria Rodriguezes of Costa Rica - May 04, 2010
- Damage reported after magnitude-7.6 earthquake hits Costa Rica - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: attache, caracas, costa rica, dangerous cities, diplomat, foreign ministry, good health, kidnappers, latin america, mexican ambassador, ransom, returning home, venezuela, venezuelan capital, xinhua