Cosmetic company drops ’sexy’ RihannaAugust 8th, 2012 - 3:35 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 8 (IANS) Pop star Rihanna has been dropped by Nivea, a cosmetic company, for being too sexy.
The 24-year-old appeared in an advertisement for the company, which was a sponsor of her “Loud” world tour, last year.
However, cosmetic tycoon Stefan Heidenreich, the new head of Nivea’s parent firm Beiersdorf, thinks she is too outrageous for the brand, reports femalefirst.co.uk
“The advert starring Rihanna was a no go. I do not understand how Nivea can be brought into association with Rihanna. Nivea is a company which stands for trust, family and reliability,” he said.
- Rihanna new face of Emporio Armani - Jul 12, 2011
- Rihanna goes naked for ad - Mar 03, 2011
- Fergie lands new brand ambassador role - Feb 11, 2012
- Rihanna sets new record with latest album - Nov 28, 2011
- Rihanna my style icon: Nicola - Aug 07, 2012
- Winslet endorses knitwear brand - May 17, 2011
- Gaga highest earning female singer - Dec 15, 2011
- Witherspoon ready with three fragrances - Mar 26, 2011
- Madonna's brother to launch shoe collection - Jul 22, 2012
- Rihanna bares all for Nivea - Mar 03, 2011
- Rihanna gets wax statue at Madame Tussauds - Oct 03, 2011
- Nicki Minaj new face of Pepsi - Mar 20, 2012
- Blake Lively new face of Gucci - Jun 24, 2012
- Only Versace for me, says Gaga - Jun 10, 2011
- Georgia May Jagger to lead Material Girl campaign - May 24, 2012