Corruption positive, jests Dalai LamaDecember 3rd, 2011 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 3 (IANS) Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama Saturday said jokingly that corruption could also be positive.
“I once met a delegation of Buddhists from Vietnam who asked me about corruption in order to get a good job for workers. I said positive corruption,” the leader said in a lighter vein, laughing, in response to a query about corruption.
He then added that he has retired now and had handed over the responsibility to an elected government (Tibetan government-in-exile) — and was at liberty not to speak about it.
The Dalai Lama refused to comment on the anti-corruption crusade in India.
The Buddhist seer delivered the 5th annual Penguin Lecture at the India Habitat Centre here on “The Art of Happiness” in which he touched on a broad range of subjects pertaining to the art of being happy and compassionate.
“Compassion is motivation - which is taking care of other’s well being. There is no place to lie, exploit or harm,” he said.
- Dalai Lama to speak of happiness at Penguin Lecture - Dec 02, 2011
- Compassion key to happiness: Dalai Lama - Dec 03, 2011
- Dalai Lama skirts India-China boundary row; new Buddhist body formed - Nov 30, 2011
- Dalai Lama is not a separatist, Archbishop Tutu tells China - Feb 10, 2012
- Have gone through turbulence all my life: Dalai Lama - Dec 03, 2011
- Tibetans hail Dalai Lama-Obama meet - Jul 17, 2011
- Reincarnation is my personal right: Dalai Lama - Sep 23, 2011
- Will decide on successor when I am 90: Dalai Lama - Sep 24, 2011
- Gere in Bodh Gaya to attend Dalai Lama's discourse - Jan 02, 2012
- Self-immolations in Tibet politically motivated: Lawmaker - May 16, 2012
- Media censorship in China wrong: Dalai Lama - Dec 13, 2011
- Indian foreign secretary meets Dalai Lama - Jun 07, 2012
- Will Dalai Lama reverses 600-year-old tradition? (Lead) - Sep 25, 2011
- Have not forgotten Tibetan struggle: Dalai Lama - Dec 15, 2010
- Who will lead the Tibetan cause after Dalai Lama? - Mar 19, 2011
Tags: art of happiness, buddhist, buddhists, compassion, corruption, crusade, dalai lama, delegation, good job, india habitat centre, motivation, New Delhi, penguin, seer, tibetan government in exile, tibetan spiritual leader, vietnam