Cop to be confronted with kidney kingpin on MondayFebruary 16th, 2008 - 7:26 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 16 (IANS) A city court Saturday asked Delhi Police to confront a policeman, arrested Friday for allegedly accepting bribes from kidney scam kingpin Amit Kumar, with him Feb 18. Metropolitan Magistrate Chandra Shekhar ordered Delhi Police to conduct the Test Identification Parade (TIP) of assistant sub-inspector Ravinder Kumar with Amit Kumar in the Tihar Jail premises.
Delhi Police arrested Ravinder Kumar Friday and registered a case against him and six other constables for accepting bribes from Amit Kumar, who was nabbed earlier this month in Nepal.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate A.K. Kohar sent Ravinder Kumar to four-day judicial custody Friday.
The six policemen were allegedly bribed by Upendra Aggarwal, a key associate of Amit Kumar, to let off the scam kingpin. Aggarwal was the first to be arrested when the racket was unearthed Jan 24 from a Gurgaon clinic run by Amit Kumar alias Santosh Rameshwar Raut.
The multi-million-rupee racket of illegal kidney transplants served clients from Britain, the US, Greece, Lebanon, Canada, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, among other countries.
Amit Kumar was arrested Feb 7 from a resort hotel near the India-Nepal border and deported to India last week. He is presently in the custody of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- Court summons kidney scam kingpin from Jaipur - Jul 24, 2011
- Policeman surrenders in kidney racket, sent to jail - Jun 04, 2008
- Police officer in kidney racket sent to judicial custody - Feb 20, 2008
- Delhi cop held for taking bribe, letting off kidney kingpin - Feb 15, 2008
- Kidney scam: Delhi cops sent to police custody - Mar 29, 2008
- Kidney kingpin gets bail in fake passport cases - Mar 05, 2010
- Kidney scam - two Delhi cops in judicial custody - Mar 25, 2008
- Delhi Police inspector suspended for lapses in kidney scam - Feb 16, 2008
- Court issues warrants against six Delhi policemen - Mar 17, 2008
- Some of our staff knew of kidney racket, admits Delhi Police - Feb 15, 2008
- Two Delhi Police men accused in kidney scam surrender - Mar 25, 2008
- Fake currency racket busted in Kolkata, four held - Jun 11, 2010
- Kidney scam accused identifies corrupt cop - Feb 18, 2008
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to jail till Feb 14 - Jan 31, 2012
- Kidney kingpin associates' statements recorded - Feb 23, 2008