Cop suspended for stealing mobile phone (With Images)August 19th, 2012 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Aug 19 (IANS) A policeman was suspended Sunday on the basis of CCTV footage that showed him stealing the mobile phone of a sales executive from an opticals shop here, an official said.
Sub-Inspector Atar Singh stole the phone Friday evening from the shop in Raj Nagar.
“After receiving a complaint of stealing mobile phone, Sub-Inspector Atar Singh has been suspended. A departmental inquiry has been ordered into the incident,” Senior Superintendent of Police Prashant Kumar told IANS.
According to the sales executive Chhotu’s complaint, Atar Singh, in-charge of a police post in sector-9 in Raj Nagar, came to the shop to get his spectacle repaired.
As the sales executive left the counter to repair his spectacles in the workshop in the rear, Atar Singh lifted his mobile phone and hid it in his shirt.
When Chhotu did not find his phone on his return he asked the policemen, who feigned ignorance about it.
After the sub-inspector left the shop the sales executive scanned the CCTV footage and found him to be the culprit. He made a CD of the footage and lodged a complaint with Ghaziabad police chief Prashant Kumar.
- Mystery shrouds couple's death in police custody - Jun 08, 2012
- One cop held with drugs, four suspended in Ghaziabad - Feb 02, 2011
- SP leader's son shot dead in Ghaziabad - Aug 12, 2012
- Curfew relaxed in violence-hit Ghaziabad area - Sep 17, 2012
- Disco-loving cops colour Chandigarh crime scene - Dec 14, 2011
- Five youth held for vehicle thefts - Feb 02, 2011
- Robbers kill 75-year-old woman in Meerut - Jan 18, 2011
- Delhi Police official's daughter found burnt for dowry - Apr 02, 2009
- Eight special task force cops arrested for extortion - Mar 16, 2010
- After thefts, Ghaziabad area installs CCTVs - Jan 06, 2012
- Siblings sexual abuse: Local police officials suspended - Oct 05, 2010
- Disco-loving police officer suspended - Sep 22, 2011
- Probe assault on advocate in police station: Court (Lead) - Oct 19, 2011
- Rapist tuition teacher arrested in Ghaziabad - Mar 19, 2012
- Court sends 7 Haryana STF members to police remand (Lead) - Mar 17, 2010