Cop kills woman, her daughter, selfJune 7th, 2010 - 2:34 pm ICT by IANS
Anandpur Sahib (Punjab), June 7 (IANS) A police constable allegedly shot dead a woman and her daughter before committing suicide in a village here in Punjab early Monday, police said.
The women were identified as Prem Lata, a 40-year-old with whom constable Harvinder Singh, two years younger to her, allegedly had an illicit relationship for many months.
Police gave the name of the younger woman as Ram Lalli, 24.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Sant Singh Dhariwal told IANS that Harvinder Singh went to Prem Lata’s house and first locked her husband in a room.
After an argument, he fired at Prem Lata and her daughter from his self loading rifle before shooting himself. He fired 15 times from his rifle in all, the officer said.
Prem Lata’s husband Ram Asra insisted that he had no knowledge that his wife was friendly with the killer.
- Two Babbar Khalsa terrorists arrested (second lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- BKI terrorists sent to custody till Jan 2 (third lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Mother gets son killed to keep affair under wraps - Sep 01, 2011
- One pilgrim killed as bus overturns in Punjab - Jun 17, 2011
- Woman killed in Punjab for bearing daughters - Apr 17, 2012
- Missing Punjab official found dead - Nov 29, 2011
- 'Superstitious' woman burns herself, two daughters alive - Oct 05, 2011
- Ropeway to link Sikh, Hindu temple towns in Punjab, Himachal - Jun 28, 2012
- Woman, paramour held for husband's murder - Apr 21, 2011
- All about family in Punjab Congress this election - Jan 06, 2012
- Police officer shot dead in Islamabad - Oct 15, 2011
- Cops fire during marriage ceremony, one killed - Feb 14, 2011
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained - Feb 04, 2012
- Woman kills five children, commits suicide - Oct 07, 2011
- Day after husband's death, wife commits suicide - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: committing suicide, cop, deputy superintendent, dhariwal, early monday, harvinder singh, illicit relationship, lalli, police constable, prem, punjab, ram asra, sahib, sant singh, self loading rifle