Cop commits suicideAugust 6th, 2011 - 3:11 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 6 (IANS) A policeman accused of assaulting his family members allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in his home in Uttar Pradesh.
Amit Awasthi, 32, posted in Jalaun district, was found hanging from a rope at his Govindnagar residence in Kanpur late Friday, Police Inspector R.P. Singh said.
“The policeman was facing an inquiry for assaulting his family members and was also detained recently in connection with the same case. Probably this made him mentally upset,” R.P. Singh told reporters in Kanpur district, some 80 km from here.
- Undertrial commits suicide in Uttar Pradesh prison - Sep 20, 2011
- Man dreams of getting murdered, kills family, self (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Three forest guards run over by truck - Jul 27, 2011
- Woman kills minor son before committing suicide - Jan 21, 2011
- Another custodial death in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 08, 2011
- PM starts UP campaign Friday - Feb 16, 2012
- Eloped couple found dead in Kanpur - Apr 17, 2012
- Three policemen suspended over student's suicide - Jan 17, 2011
- Four of family commit suicide in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 19, 2011
- Doctor commits suicide, blames wife - Oct 19, 2010
- Policeman kills man for Rs.50 - Sep 06, 2011
- Man poisons wife, daughters, hangs himself - Sep 21, 2010
- Court verdict on CBI probe into doctor's murder July 14 - Jul 12, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh official killed in road accident - Nov 05, 2010
- Tech student hangs himself in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 23, 2011