Cop among four people caught with heroinFebruary 17th, 2008 - 7:59 pm ICT by admin
Amritsar, Feb 17 (IANS) Punjab Police Sunday arrested four people here, including a constable of the Jammu and Kashmir police, and recovered one kilogram of heroin from their possession. The drug haul is worth Rs.10 million in the international market, an official said.
The arrested constable, identified as Sajid Mahmood, is a resident of a village in Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajouri district.
The special narcotics cell of Punjab Police arrested three other smugglers along with him. A police team apprehended them while they were waiting in a car for someone to take the heroin consignment from them.
They were nabbed from near the Kathunangal bus stand in rural Amritsar district.
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012
- 15 kg heroin found near India-Pakistan border - Oct 04, 2011
- BSF recovers 23 kg heroin from Punjab border - Feb 04, 2012
- 12 kg heroin seized in Amritsar, 3 arrested - Aug 29, 2011
- Smuggler arrested with 14 kg heroin in Punjab - Jan 11, 2011
- Heroin peddler arrested in Punjab - Jul 21, 2009
- Four held with heroin worth Rs.4 crore - Sep 03, 2010
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
- Former BSF official nabbed with heroin near Amritsar - Feb 03, 2010
- 10 kg heroin recovered in Amritsar, one arrested - Oct 30, 2009
- Two smugglers nabbed, 25 kg heroin seized - Jan 21, 2010
- Punjab's drug haul shows it's a safe transit point - Feb 24, 2009
- 8 killed as bus falls into gorge in Jammu - Aug 21, 2012
- No one cures Punjab's drug problem (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 10, 2012
- Punjab Police recovers huge cache of heroin, ammunition - Jun 11, 2010