Cook knifed to death in Delhi over poor serviceOctober 12th, 2008 - 10:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 12 (IANS) The head cook of an eatery in east Delhi was stabbed to death and two people, including the restaurant owner’s son, suffered serious injuries when six customers attacked them with knives after heated arguments over poor service, police said Sunday.The police said the assailants, who are still at large, had gone to dine at the Zaika Bazar Hotel in Dayanand Vihar of Anand Vihar area late Saturday.
But soon they picked up a fight up with head cook Mohammed Sahid, his colleague Pappu and the restaurant owner’s son Mohit for not serving them properly.
“The squabble took a sinister turn when one of the men left their dinning table and went after Sahid in the kitchen area. When the latter asked him to move out, Mohit and his father Rajesh Dhingra intervened and calmed them down but a few minutes later a fight broke out between them again,” said a police officer.
“This time the assailaints attacked the hotel staff with sharp-edged knives,” the official said.
Sahid, Mohit and Pappu were rushed to the Max Hospital where the head cook succumbed to injuries while the other two were stated to be recuperating.
The two victims said there were six assailants but some of them left once the brawl broke out.
The police said a case was registered and a suspect was detained.
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Class 11 girl raped, three nabbed - Feb 07, 2011
- Two double murders leave Ludhiana shocked - Feb 03, 2012
- Martha Stewart and Emeril sued over bad knives - Sep 14, 2012
- Family of five held for killing minor - Aug 02, 2011
- 13 injured in Delhi fire - Jun 06, 2012
- Two held in Delhi for killing a youth in road rage - Oct 14, 2011
- Six of family killed in UP - May 28, 2012
- Government doctor murdered, two detained - Feb 22, 2011
- Delhi cop who 'shoved' elderly man suspended - Mar 01, 2012
- Minor girl in Uttar Pradesh attacked for resisting rape - Feb 06, 2011
- Man stabs wife, flees - May 12, 2011
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- 35 injured in Rajasthan clash - Jan 15, 2012
- Speeding Mercedes kills constable, injures another in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012