Controversy over Madhya Pradesh university buildingJune 28th, 2008 - 9:00 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, June 28 (IANS) The Akhil Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Parishad (ABVP), the youth wing of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Saturday staged a day-long sit-in here to protest the state government’s invitation to President Pratibha Patil to inaugurate an “illegally” constructed building of the Bhoj Open University. “We want that Bhoj University vice chancellor Kamlakar Singh should not be allowed to share the dais with the president Sunday during the inauguration of the university’s new building that has been constructed illegally,” said Vishnu Dutt Sharma, ABVP organising secretary Vishnu Dutt Sharma.
He said they will sit on fast in front of the Raj Bhawan Sunday when the president arrives in the city.
The university was inaugurated by then President Shankar Dayal Sharma in 1992.
The BJP rules Madhya Pradesh.
- Hazare's crusade gets mass support in Himachal - Apr 08, 2011
- Fast, demonstrations across Orissa for Hazare - Apr 08, 2011
- Delhi University all set for polls Friday - Sep 13, 2012
- Anna helps ABVP defeat NSUI in Delhi varsity polls - Sep 10, 2011
- Sharma appointed convener of BJP media cell - May 11, 2010
- Tighten security for DU polls, says Delhi BJP - Sep 12, 2012
- ABVP tops in Delhi University polls - Sep 04, 2010
- Polling begins in Delhi University and JNU - Sep 14, 2012
- Delhi University election results announced - Sep 10, 2011
- ABVP strike hits 50,000 students in Himachal (Lead) - Nov 09, 2009
- Delhi University students march against corruption - Jul 27, 2011
- DUSU polls end, results on Saturday (Lead) - Sep 14, 2012
- Family matter: BJP government fights criticism from within (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 19, 2012
- ABVP to protest against corruption July 27 - Jul 22, 2011
- ABVP strike call shuts Himachal colleges - Nov 09, 2009