Contractor attacked, looted in GhaziabadMarch 6th, 2009 - 11:16 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, March 6 (IANS) A contractor was Friday robbed of Rs.136,000 after nine armed men, including one of his clients, barged into his office here and thrashed him, the police said.
Dhananjay Vishwakarma was sitting with his brother in his office at Sector-6 in Vaishali area of Ghaziabad, adjacent to New Delhi, when nine people armed with revolvers entered the room at about 1 p.m. and began beating him up, an official said.
They then looted Rs.136,000 from Vishwakarma’s table drawer and escaped in two cars, he added.
Vishwakarma told the police that he knew one of the assailants and identified him as Satpal Tyagi, a resident of Morta village on Meerut Road. Tyagi, according to Dhananjay, was one of his clients and was getting a house constructed in Sector-1 of Vaishali.
Tyagi also reportedly owed Vishwakarma Rs.250,000 for the construction work already done. The two had apparently argued in the past over the amount to be paid.
A case has been registered against Tyagi and his accomplices at the Indirapuram police station, the official said.
- Ghaziabad architect caught taking bribe - Apr 20, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh minister named in attempt to murder case - Jun 02, 2011
- Jewellery shop looted in Ghaziabad - Feb 07, 2012
- Tata Motors recovery agent shot, robbed - Oct 27, 2010
- Accused in Ghaziabad wedding shooting held - Jan 10, 2012
- Three cops, gangster killed in shootout - Oct 29, 2009
- UP minister's kin arrested for gang rape - Jan 29, 2011
- Minor child killed, five injured in accident - Nov 21, 2011
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- Merchant killed in Ghaziabad - Nov 30, 2010
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Two arrested for selling fake medicines - Aug 26, 2011
- Maoist leader arrested in Uttar Pradesh - May 25, 2012
- Sreedharan inspects metro extension to Ghaziabad - Jun 16, 2011
- Two robbers kill woman and daughter, one held - Oct 13, 2011