Construction firm employee found killed in LucknowMay 14th, 2012 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 14 (IANS) A construction company employee was found dead in the posh Gomtinagar area early Monday with his face battered beyond recognition, police said.
The employee was identified as Rajeev Kumar Saxena, 38, a store keeper at Nagarjuna Construction Company, by a company official who was passing as police were inspecting the crime scene.
The body was noticed under the Sector 5 overbridge on the main road in Viram Khand by passers-by who informed police.
Police suspect Saxena was defaced by his assailants to prevent his identification. His wrist watch, mobile phone and wallet were missing.
According to police, Saxena hailed from Shahjahanpur, and stayed with colleague Ritesh Jaiswal at the company’s guest house. He was returning there from the construction site when he was attacked in front of the house number 5/1245.
Police have informed Saxena’s widowed mother and the body has been sent for autopsy. A case of murder has been registered by the Gomtinagar police.
- Chennai man collapses, dies at Ghaziabad railway station - Oct 16, 2010
- Woman jumps off mall's fourth floor - Jul 29, 2010
- Three school student held for murder - Mar 15, 2011
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012
- Suicide bombing kills four in Afghanistan - Apr 25, 2010
- Himachal Congress chief injured in accident - Dec 06, 2011
- Eight school kids injured in accident - Mar 28, 2012
- Three found dead in mysterious circumstances - Jan 19, 2011
- Man found stabbed to death - Jan 22, 2011
- Two killed, 10 injured in China bank blast (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- Kidnapping bid foiled - Sep 23, 2011
- Two corpses found in Delhi - Jan 30, 2011
- Two injured as chain snatcher opens fire in Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Two folk singers killed in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 09, 2012
- Doctor killed in Jaipur accident - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: assailants, autopsy, colleague, company employee, construction company, construction firm, construction site, crime scene, early monday, guest house, jaiswal, khand, mobile phone, police police, shahjahanpur, store keeper, wallet