Constable run down by truckMarch 17th, 2012 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 17 (IANS) A truck plying on the wrong side of a road mowed down a Delhi transport department constable here early Saturday, police said.
The incident took place around 3.45 a.m. when constable Hemraj was crossing the GT Karnal Road. He died instantly.
“He was returning to his team members after parking an impounded vehicle. As he crossed the road, the truck came from the wrong side and hit him,” a police officer told IANS.
The constable is survived by his wife and two sons.
The truck driver, Rafiq Ahmed, has been sent to 14 days judicial custody. Ahmed, 30, hails from Jammu and Kashmir.
- Blueline bus mows down builder - Dec 09, 2011
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Truck crushes man, driver held - Jan 24, 2011
- Two motorcyclists killed in Delhi - Jan 22, 2012
- Cop killed in road accident - Jun 28, 2010
- Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself - Jan 02, 2012
- Grief grips family of man killed in BMW accident - Aug 07, 2012
- Locals clash with police over youth's death - Nov 15, 2011
- Truck driver dies in crash after running down cyclist - Jul 15, 2012
- DTC bus crushes soldier in Delhi - May 07, 2012
- Truck runs over cop in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- Four Delhi Police personnel injured in accident - Apr 08, 2012
- Criminals run truck over UP sub-inspector - May 17, 2012
- One dead in DTC bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2011