Consider plea for CBI probe against Team Anna: Court (Lead)May 30th, 2012 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 30 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday directed the central government to consider within three months a plea seeking a CBI probe against Team Anna members for allegedly receiving funds illegally from foreign organisations.
The division bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw asked Additional Solicitor General A.S. Chandhiok to treat the petition, filed by advocate Manohar Lal Sharma, as a representation and dispose it in three months after giving a hearing to him.
The petition alleged that Team Anna members received foreign funds for their agitation on Lokpal Bill in violation of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA).
The court also directed petitioner Sharma to submit a copy of his petition to the home ministry.
Sharma in his petition said that the FCRA mandated NGO members to seek permission from the central government in order to receive any fund from a foreign company or organisation.
The petitioner presented a list of foreign companies and organisations which allegedly provided funds to Team Anna for the anti-graft agitation.
Seeking prosecution of the members of Team Anna, the petition said: “The court be pleased to declare the foreign-sponsored agitation as illegal, unconstitutional….”
- Consider plea for CBI probe against Team Anna: Court (Second Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Court notice to Delhi bar council - Mar 07, 2012
- Ban uninsured vehicles, court urged - Sep 12, 2012
- Plea on apex court judge's date of birth rejected (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Unauthorized construction: MCD must respond - Nov 02, 2011
- Civic agencies get court notice on illegal hookah bars - Aug 01, 2012
- Mosque case: Petitioner seeks action against lawmaker - Jul 23, 2012
- Mosque case: Petitioner seeks action against lawmaker (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Court notice to centre on diesel-run vehicles - Jul 19, 2012
- Lawyer questioned for criticising Shivani case judge (Lead) - Oct 24, 2011
- Government gets notice on information panel vacancies (Lead) - Dec 14, 2011
- Probe assault on advocate in police station: Court (Lead) - Oct 19, 2011
- Court issues notice to sports ministry - Apr 25, 2012
- Court notice over legislator's encroachment of DDA land - Feb 23, 2012
- Court declines plea on blocking of web pages - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: agitation, cbi probe, central government, chief justice, delhi high court, division bench, fcra, home ministry, lal, manohar, New Delhi, ngo members, petition, petitioner, plea, prosecution, rajiv, regulation act, sahai, solicitor general