‘Conman’ Jadeja bought land worth Rs.33 crore: AideJune 11th, 2009 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, June 10 (IANS) Alleged conman Ashok Jadeja, who is accused of cheating large numbers of people of huge sums of money, had bought land worth Rs.33 crore in various parts of the country, police Wednesday quoted his aide Shaitan Singh as saying.
Singh provided this information to the Criminal Investigative Department (CID) Wednesday, a senior crime branch official said.
The official said that Shaitan Singh, who is in police custody, during interrogation also said that Jadeja had made most of the investments in land in the name of his relatives.
The crime branch, during a raid on Shaitan Singh’s residence at Chhara Nagar in Ahmedabad, recovered jewellery worth Rs.10 lakh. The police also recovered a number of documents which could provide clues to Jadeja’s investments, which he made from the money he collected from his devotees, the official said.
A large number of documents recovered from a series of raids on the residences of Jadeja, his relatives and agents are being studied by the CID, the official added.
- Gujarat conman's relative detained for questioning - Jun 07, 2009
- To record conman Jadeja's wealth, Gujarat cops hire accountants - Jun 22, 2009
- Conman's Bollywood connections to be probed: police - Jun 05, 2009
- I never forced people to invest, says 'conman' Jadeja - Jun 13, 2009
- Suri murder accused owns lands worth Rs.140 crore - May 04, 2012
- Police probing if conman dabbled in stock market, real estate - Jun 08, 2009
- Anti-corruption raids of officials yields crores - Jan 13, 2012
- Rs.5 crore-worth assets seized from Madhya Pradesh sub-engineer - Dec 15, 2011
- A jail superintendent worth Rs.3 crores! - Mar 01, 2012
- Four executives held for illegal money transfers in Odisha - Aug 04, 2012
- Properties of Madhya Pradesh officials raided - Jan 17, 2012
- Arrested Maoist duo wanted to set up camps in Myanmar - Oct 07, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh peon worth Rs.12 crore - Dec 08, 2011
- 25 kg gold seized from fake CBI officer - Sep 09, 2011
- Engineer held for drug trafficking in Delhi - Jun 21, 2012