Conman held for impersonationJune 12th, 2011 - 10:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) A 29-year-old unemployed man from Haryana was arrested in west Delhi for posing as an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer and duping a businessman and his friend of Rs.45 lakh, police said Sunday.
“Amit Kumar Singla, a resident of Panchkula in Haryana, was arrested from Mangolpuri area Saturday,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police B.S. Jaiswal.
Singla was held on the complaint of Rajesh Kumar who runs a gym in Pitampura in west Delhi.
Rajesh Kumar told police that Singla posed as an IAS officer posted in the finance ministry and duped him and his friend Manoj on the pretext of investing in shares.
The complainant said that Singla claimed he was very close to officials of ICICI Bank.
“When Rajesh Kumar put pressure on Singla to get his money back, he gave two cheques and then got his account closed as result of which these were dishonoured,” said Jaiswal.
Police said that Singla made a false complaint at police post in Panchkula against Manoj and Rajesh for allegedly forcibly getting his signature on his cheques.
“He also used a red beacon atop his car to impress others,” said Jaiswal.
Singhla told police that he was very fond of a lavish lifestyle due to which he took to crime.
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- Man arrested for duping people with 'magic pen' - Jun 05, 2010
- Accountant, wife booked for fraud - Jun 16, 2012
- Three held for Delhi woman's trafficking - Jun 09, 2012
- Fake army recruitment racket busted - Jun 21, 2011
- Gang of fraudsters busted, three arrested from UP - Sep 19, 2012
- Two arrested in Delhi for killing elderly woman - Aug 16, 2012
- Three held for Rs.18 lakh fraud - Mar 18, 2011
- Man arrested for duping youth - Sep 29, 2011
- Murder accused flees Haryana jail, nabbed in Delhi - May 09, 2012
- 25 kg gold seized from fake CBI officer - Sep 09, 2011
- Three held for conning people on mobile towers - Jun 22, 2012
- Youth beaten to death in road rage incident - Dec 23, 2011
- Man arrested for killing borrower - Mar 10, 2011
- Two robbers held in west Delhi - Jan 19, 2011
Tags: amit kumar, businessman, cheques, commissioner of police, complainant, deputy commissioner, false complaint, finance ministry, impersonation, indian administrative service, investing in shares, jaiswal, lakh, lavish lifestyle, manoj, panchkula, pitampura, police post, pretext, west delhi